Rumors on iPod with Radio

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Someonme whipsered into my ear: an IPod with Radio will be born this year.

If true: Apple, I will buy three of them (one for my GF, one for mom and one for me). We've been waiting for it so loooong...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Masa_de

Someonme whipsered into my ear: an IPod with Radio will be born this year.

If true: Apple, I will buy three of them (one for my GF, one for mom and one for me). We've been waiting for it so loooong...

welcome to the rumor mill circa 2001, 2002, 2003, 204 and now 2005...could happen but HIGHLY unlikly. Apple likes the ITMS money, they want you (idealy) to listen to their music on their device...it is called cinergy
  • Reply 2 of 5
    geekdreamsgeekdreams Posts: 280member
    I think you mean "synergy".

And, yeah, radio is dumb.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    It's official iPod will have radio in the next month...

...podcasting.

iPod is TiVo for your radio. Saves a hell of a lot of time changing the hardware to accept radio, if they let you download shows. The BBC are looking to be at the forefront of this new digital era and have suggested that many of their radio shows will be available for podcast soon without the music (as they'd have to license it etc...).

Who needs proper radio?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    This sounds a weeeee bit like wishful thinking.

I understand that listening to talk or sports radio is fun for some people but there are plenty of very small and cheap AM/FM radios that can be had without mucking up the iPod UI.

Not that I don't want your wishes to be met but many of us would rather that radio isn't added to the iPod.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Uhhh... this is so exciting. An iPod with radio. Man, that gives me something that mmy current iPod with podcasts on it doesn't give me....

... commercials.