Just ordered my first Mac!!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've left the dark side -- been using a pc since '94. I just ordered the new iMac -- couldn't resist the superdrive, g4, lcd, and "i" software. It's too sweet of a package to pass up. Come on everybody, give it up for me! I can't wait!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Cool. Welcome. I got one too (my third mac) and I can't wait for it to get here. Enjoy it when you get it.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    congrats! And Welcome to appleinsider... hope, no know, you will love your new iMac.....i am anxiously awaiting my new iMac too...g

(this is also my third apple--1992-quadra 605---1999---iMac DV----2002---iMac LCD----dang that quadra lasted a long time...still works too...that may be the biggest problem with apple sales, i can keep their machines forever...needed the iMac and it's revolutionary design to make me update the quadra, then needed a brand new iMac with lcd, G4 and a freakin superdrive to update again (will still use the old mac for the kids room for the next 4 years till they go to college..then the lucky/spoiled kids will get the latest iBooks i'm sure)....

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 10
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    One down, 95.999999999% to go. Oh ya, I bought one too. I'm so excited!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Damn...my first Mac was only 25mhz. You've beat me by 775mhz and 4 Generations Congrats! :cool:
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Congrats! I got a new iMac Superdrive model too!

Mac history For Me.

--------------------------

PowerPC Performa 6360 (1995)

iMac (2000) 450 Mhz G3

Cube (2000) 450 Mhz G4

iBook (1999) 333 mhz

iMac (2002) 800 Mhz G4
  • Reply 6 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Congrats. You'll love it.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Duals:

<strong>I've left the dark side -- been using a pc since '94. I just ordered the new iMac -- couldn't resist the superdrive, g4, lcd, and "i" software. It's too sweet of a package to pass up. Come on everybody, give it up for me! I can't wait!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Congratulations and welcome aboard. There's never been a better time to be a Mac user - oldtimers can probably back me up on this.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Duals rules! Hey, tell all your PC buddies to do the same, too.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Good for you!

Welcome to the cult...eh...club The new iMac is a great machine. A fine choice!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    Duals, Congrats!

Welcome aboard. You will not regret your shift. I work on both platforms. They both work. but apples are friendler.

Yes it is now a great time to be a Macuser.

I want one of those new iMacs, and I don't even need an upgrade yet!! there just so damn cool!!