Photo S - Get Rid of Movie Files!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a photo screensaver currently set up for my iPhoto library. Unfortunately, it uses everything in the Library - not just image filetypes. As a result, I have movie files showing up as images in my slideshow - basically looking like low-resolution images. Is there any way to prevent the screensaver from using these, aside from creating a new library of only photo filetypes (lots of work?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    You could make a smart playlist that shows everything that is not a movie.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Thanks! Gotta love Spotlight!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Okay, here's a weird problem. Maybe a bug of some sort?

A smart album for filenames that end in "jpg" includes 7 movies. One I just checked is a Quicktime. Huh??

A smart album for filenames that end in "mov" contains 6 photos... clearly jpg format. What in the world?

Additionally, a smart album for filenames that do NOT end in "mov" contains MOV files!!!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Create the Smart Album in iPhoto and set it to keyword "is not" Movie that should give you every photo in your library minus the movies. When ever you import a movie into iPhoto it adds the keyword "Movie" to it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Still didn't work. "Movies" has 47 of an actual 76 movies. "Photos" has the other 29 movies in it, plus the photos. The movies that aren't working correctly are in Quicktime formact. Why is this?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Your doing this from inside iPhoto, correct?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Yes, of course.