Someone should make this for Mac OSX

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
http://snood.pair.com/centaurian.html

I don't know if anyone else remembers it, but it's from a good while back. AMAZING game though, I used to play it for hours. Crap, now I have to install Classic.

Just look at this instense screen:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    im confused... ive seen some of the old games before... like metroid classic thats a neat game and a whole bunch of others... but this one?? im confused...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    is it kind of like the game "solarian" i havent played that game since i was in classic but i remember it being fun.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    I used to love Centaurian. Except for those f*cking blobs. I hated the blobs. But I loved strafing bases with perpendicular shots. And taking out entire formations of enemies with a well-placed shot into a minefield. Muahahahah.

Ah, progress can be painful when you realize all that you've left behind...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    spyderspyder Posts: 170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

I used to love Centaurian. Except for those f*cking blobs. I hated the blobs. But I loved strafing bases with perpendicular shots. And taking out entire formations of enemies with a well-placed shot into a minefield. Muahahahah.

Ah, progress can be painful when you realize all that you've left behind...

Yeah those fuckers were fast. I used to fly north towards a base, then start off on the left side of it coming up. Then start shooting and go right-up-right-up-right-up-right-up and so on until I almost hit the base. You could take out like 60% of the base pods in one pass.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I've definately played this... But then again, I used to play ALL games that came out on all the magazine's dics!

It was fun.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

I've definately played this... But then again, I used to play ALL games that came out on all the magazine's dics!

It was fun.

This one was on the MacAddict disk, that's where I originally got it. I don't remember the issue but it was from a while back obviously. I think it was orange and had sort of a sprial, with some huge yellow words around it.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    I have it on MSX (Zylog processor based from mid 80s) emulator on my PC. I still play it now and then.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Just got this email from the dev:

"Yeah, I want to redo it for both OSX and Windows using OpenGL. I'll have to get some time free, though. Maybe later this year.

Dave"

WOOT!