My new PC is coming today...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Oh please people help me with that ! I'm feeling really guilty... really bad... i have two G4 tower, 2 Cube, 1 IceBook & one iMac...

I'm a MacAddict... I can't resist to the new Luxo iMac and i'm waiting for the next tower (Apollo or GoldFish).

But i have two internet web site in ASP and i need to satisfy my customers and buy this f****g Dell ! A P4 1.8 / 400Mhz Bus / DDR-Ram / GeForceTi 200...

I think i will send it back... i think i commit a betrayal to my community !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Hey, I have 2 PCs at home also, and I use a PC all day in the office too. I spend more time in Win2k than in MacOS (any flavor), and in fact most of the time that I'm posting to this Forum, I'm on a Windows machine.

But I consider myself a "Mac enthusiast" and I have no such feelings for Windows, Intel, or AMD.

It's not any kind of betrayal of the faith to use a Windows machine once in a while, out of convenience or necessity. Being a Mac lover is not an "all or nothing" proposition, and hating Microsoft does not make you a better Mac person!
  • Reply 2 of 16
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Look at it this way, you'll be better informed about "the other side". It'll help you win arguments about which platform is better.

• Reply 3 of 16
    You're joking (I think), bunge, but it's true! People listen to my pro-Mac arguments a lot more seriously because they consider me a PC expert. After I've helped them figured out a handful of Windows & PC peripheral problems, when they come to me and ask my advice about what they should buy next, they listen when I tell them that many of the problems they've experience could be avoided if they bought a Mac.

Maybe ALL of us should buy a PC...
  • Reply 4 of 16
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    I see nothing wrong with being cross-platform. Sounds to me like you're a major Mac customer anyway. My PC is great for all those menial tasks, Windows can do that really well. It only makes me appreciate my Mac more.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    There's nothing wrong with owning a PC as long as you also have a Mac.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

<strong>Hey, I have 2 PCs at home also, and I use a PC all day in the office too. I spend more time in Win2k than in MacOS (any flavor), and in fact most of the time that I'm posting to this Forum, I'm on a Windows machine.

But I consider myself a "Mac enthusiast" and I have no such feelings for Windows, Intel, or AMD.

It's not any kind of betrayal of the faith to use a Windows machine once in a while, out of convenience or necessity. Being a Mac lover is not an "all or nothing" proposition, and hating Microsoft does not make you a better Mac person!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sizzle Great Reply! You have just created the Mantra for the Mac Aficionado. Besides in order to argue the relative merits of Mac vs PC you have to know what a PC offers.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

<strong>It's not any kind of betrayal of the faith to use a Windows machine once in a while, out of convenience or necessity. Being a Mac lover is not an "all or nothing" proposition, and hating Microsoft does not make you a better Mac person!</strong><hr></blockquote>

And even if you are a PC user, drop in to our forums. God knows you could learn a few things about innovation and how passionate Mac users are.

I don't know of any Dell Insider or Compaqaddict.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    So you got a pc to code web sites in ASP? Can't do that in VPC or X? If not, oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Just remember to bath after everytime you use the PC
  • Reply 9 of 16
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    I think there are very few pure macusers outthere. We all have a dark side. Just do not compute in anger or in revenge and you will learn how to control the wintel in you.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    But why a dell? Yuck. Anything but a dell.

Dell: The anti-technology company.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    look at it this way, time with your dell will only make your mac time sweeter.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I have a pc, but it runs Linux not Windoze, I like linux, but I can't wait to use Mac OS X's command line
  • Reply 13 of 16
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    Yeah, there is a plus side to working on a Wintel machine at work.

You really get to appreciate just how superior the Mac is when you get home.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Cobra ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by seb:

<strong>But why a dell? Yuck. Anything but a dell.

Dell: The anti-technology company. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, good point. Jeez, Dell is the McDonald's of the computer industry. Yick. There are about a million small, local companies that will build you a clone better than any Dell at a competitive price.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    I use Win2k at work and think it's the first OS from MicroShaft that is decent. However, I love my Beige G3 so much at home.

I also have an old work pc at home that I use to eternally run Audiogalaxy so I don't have to run it on my Mac. I transfer the mp3's once in a while via Timbuktu.

I'm dying to buy the next G? PowerMac. ....waiting on Apple to bump the speeds though
  • Reply 16 of 16
    eeewwwwwww Dell? *shiver*

I exclusively use a PC, simply because a Mac is WAY out of my price/performance range right now. I fear that the only thing that would make me buy another mac is if they manage to release a 2ghz G4 for less than an iMac... which wont happen.