is 15" really worth it?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    denmarudenmaru Posts: 208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Apoder

I got a question. So if I were to plug in a 12inch iBook to an external display would i be limited to the 1024x748 resolution that iBook has or could I go for a higher resolution?

No, you would not be limited. :3
  • Reply 42 of 45
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    does anyone know where to find the ibook screen spanning hack? and how risky is it?
  • Reply 43 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

does anyone know where to find the ibook screen spanning hack? and how risky is it?

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

I've never used it, so I can't comment on the risk.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    denmarudenmaru Posts: 208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

I used it frequently (ding a lot of Keynotes on my University), and there is no risk. Just check if your iBook Model is supported, and you´re ready to go.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    funny, they claimed they took the powerbook to the apple store and the genius said the hard drive was dead. I installed tiger in firewire target mode, booted, saw it was kernel panicing because of airport, took it out, booted, disabled bluetooth, rebooted with airport in and all was fine...guess i wasnt screwed quite as bad...now to bump the ram...also, it seems to suck down battery way faster than my 12" g3 ibook...i'm sure some of that is expected, but it died in about an hour of light gaming with the screen on the lowest brightness...how do i optimize battery life on this puppy and should i get a new battery?

also, can anyone recommend a good stand similar to the ilap (perhaps not as pricey?) would be nice if i can use it both at a desk and on my lap