OSX, Firefox, and RSS news feeds...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm a 3-day Switcher hatchling and still figuring out lots of things.

I've made Firefox my default browser. However, RSS news links (such as feed://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/HomePage.xml ) I have book marked always open up in Safari.

I've installed the Sage extension, but it doesn't seem to "capture" these links (Safari still opens up).

I'm also an RSS newbie, so I am sure I am probably missing something obvious.

I did search through a bunch of posts, but wasn't successful in finding any that helped me out.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    try going to Safari>prefs>RSS>Default RSS reader, then set it to Firefox.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Thanks. I've finally learned that in OSX default preferences are set in the native program you don't want to use (like to set Entourage to the default email app, that is set in iMail...)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argelius

Thanks. I've finally learned that in OSX default preferences are set in the native program you don't want to use (like to set Entourage to the default email app, that is set in iMail...)

Yeah. That drives most of us nuts.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mpmoriartympmoriarty Posts: 289member
    Frankly, they should just move it to System Preferences and label it "Internet" or something.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    They used to be there, but they changed it with Panther. I think it's a terrible decision. Anywho, you can find some pref pane apps that do the same thing - I think one is called "more internet" - search for it on MacUpdate or VT.