uninstalling updates

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
hi,

I recenmtly installed the 'Security Update 2005-006 v1.0' and it seems that it may have fecked up my permissions on our windows server as I can no longer move files/folders that I have created...

so is there anyway to uninstall these updates?

cheers

Niall

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ndmccormack

hi,

I recenmtly installed the 'Security Update 2005-006 v1.0' and it seems that it may have fecked up my permissions on our windows server as I can no longer move files/folders that I have created... so is there anyway to uninstall these updates?

I don't believe there is a way to uninstall them, Sorry. Did you backup before the update? If so then restore, otherwise you'll need to use an admin account or use SUDO in the terminal to fix the permissions. Good luck.

Edit: This post should be in the Genius Bar for the best exposure.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ormus1ormus1 Posts: 21member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ndmccormack

hi,

I recenmtly installed the 'Security Update 2005-006 v1.0' and it seems that it may have fecked up my permissions on our windows server as I can no longer move files/folders that I have created...

so is there anyway to uninstall these updates?

cheers

Niall

None that I know of. Same thing has happened to me and many others after the Security "Upgade", I can no longer "Enable Synchronization with this Computer", the text is grayed out as is the "Reset". I cannot sync my iCal and Address Book with my iPod.

&^%$#@!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    This is something Apple should have introduced with Tiger. Well it should have been in OS X from the start. I mean XP has it. It's kind of a no-brainer. Sure Apple updates usually aren't a nightmare like Windows, but they can be, rarely. I remember the hell I went through with 10.2.8. And for a while, one of the Panther updates caused some problems, that were later corrected. If Rollback isn't incorporated by Leopard this will start to become a real snag in trying to get Windows users to Switch. They expect to be able to do this. And it would be a lifesaver for events such as 10.2.8.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Nope, the best thing that you can do is an archive and install...sorry my friend.