Anyone else having problems with iSync in Tiger?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
There is a new version of iSync in tiger. When you start up, it downloads an iSync agent onto your phone, and then it syncs.

The first sync worked for me with my Sony P800 - but after that I can't seem to get it to work anymore.

I tried rebooting the Mac, rebooting the phone, and re-installing the iSync agent on the phone, changing the bluetooth settings on the phone to both "on" and "discoverable" - no luck. Normally, the phone's backlight goes on when it notices that the computer is trying to sync, and that is not happening.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ormus1ormus1 Posts: 21member
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

There is a new version of iSync in tiger. When you start up, it downloads an iSync agent onto your phone, and then it syncs.

The first sync worked for me with my Sony P800 - but after that I can't seem to get it to work anymore.

I tried rebooting the Mac, rebooting the phone, and re-installing the iSync agent on the phone, changing the bluetooth settings on the phone to both "on" and "discoverable" - no luck. Normally, the phone's backlight goes on when it notices that the computer is trying to sync, and that is not happening.

Anyone know how to fix this?

DITTOS here! Can't "Enable Sychronization with this Computer" therefore can't sync iCal or Address Book with my iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ormus1

DITTOS here! Can't "Enable Sychronization with this Computer" therefore can't sync iCal or Address Book with my iPod.

I didn't do anything, but it started working after a couple weeks. I somehow got it to a state where I could re-do the "type in a code" part, and things started syncing.

When I could not sync, it didn't get to the code part, the phone didn't even notice that the computer was talking to it. The computer knew that the phone was there, because I was able to download the iSync widget to the phone, but after that nothing.

Seems a little flakey, but I am happy now. Hopefully I just got into some error path that Apple engineers will notice and fix in the next update. I hope that I don't get there again.