spooky mirror prophecy

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
remember last november we had a thread about Christmas shopping, in which I commented that lots of other dieties based on sun-worship had birthdays relating to 25th December.

If you recall, during this thread I made a comment that a mirror I had on the wall fell down and scared the crap out of me while I was researching what other dieties had said birthdays.

Well today, about half past 3, I was daydreaming to myself, whilst at work, recalling conversations I've had in the past with people on these boards, and I particularly dwelled about my mirror falling down.

So imagine my suprise when I arrive home, to find the mirror has fallen down again Again it didn't smash - and hasn't fell down since last time.

I saw it there, but this time, I just smiled, and gave a little chuckle. I'm just wondering if it fell down about half 3?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    You probably remembered something that you did that might have caused the mirror to fall in the past, which you repeated today...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

You probably remembered something that you did that might have caused the mirror to fall in the past, which you repeated today...

The only connection between then and now, is that both times, I was scheming a way to prove to the world that Jesus as he exists in the mythology of the bible isn't a literal true story. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing I have done to the mirror that might have caused it to fall down. I probably havn't even touched it since november.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    And just think, out there somewhere is a deity saying: "Come ON! Some people just can't take a hint!"

• Reply 4 of 8
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    This kind of shit happens all the time to me. I'm not sure if my brain is just damn good at subconscious pattern matching or is actually in some way clairvoyant.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Anyway, im not interested in the supposed message or not from El.

I'm just wondering if the thought of the mirror entered my subconscious (no free will) because it had fallen down again, or whether because of quantum mechanics, the information that the mirror fell down travelled backwards in time a few hours to reach me at work.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    The mirror can't handle anymore of the Sun worship thing. It sees it in your eyes every time you look in it. So in an attempt to escape it hurled itself off the wall while you were out of the house. Only to discover it doesn't have any legs, just like last time.

It wept softly to itself in despair when you came home and rehung it.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I'm going with the backward in time quantum mechanics thing.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    spyderspyder Posts: 170member
    I'm glad someone else around knows about the insane amount of other "gods" that predate xtianity by thousands of years, yet have almost the exact same gods. The story of Jesus is just a muddled version of all of these old stories put together. Even the names of the characters are similar.

As for the mirror thing, I go with Chaos Theory on that one. Would the mirror have fallen if you hadn't been thinking about it? Maybe. It all depends on what you yourself believe. In other words, if you believe the mirror fell for reason A, then that's why it fell. Even if I believe it fell for reason B, that doesn't make either of us correct or incorrect, it's just two different realities differentiated by outside perception.