Does anyone else think how cool this all is?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I don't mean to geek out or anything, but I was just searching the iTMS and got all giddy. Seriously-- there is so much to connect to there. I can't help but buy stuff.

As a stock holder, I find my own lack of self-control very encouraging. Plus, I have similar tastes to Nicole Kidman! Is this cool, or frightening?!

Please, validate my existence. Does anyone share my euphoria?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i try to take a step back every now and then to appreciate how awesome all of our technology is. it really is incredible what all we can do with what we have right now. on the other hand, i think it's important to not totally rely on cell phones, the internet, etc. I like being to get away form everything on camping trips and stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    I love having dinner parties etc. with my less technically inclined (and non-Mac) friends and challenging them to stump me. I pull out my Powerbook, connected to my iMac with 6,000 songs, the internet, and my Stereo via Airport express.

I have them name songs or even just lyrics and I guarantee to have it playing through my stereo in less than 2 minutes. I win.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    What always gets me is how the rest of society catches on to something we Mac users have had for a while.

I had an iPod for at least a year before they started to take off. I used iTunes well before that, and for both the iPod and iTunes I was a late-comer in the Mac community.

"Wow, this is cool!"

"Yeah, I've been using it for a year already."
  • Reply 4 of 11
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

What always gets me is how the rest of society catches on to something we Mac users have had for a while.

I had an iPod for at least a year before they started to take off. I used iTunes well before that, and for both the iPod and iTunes I was a late-comer in the Mac community.

"Wow, this is cool!"

So true. I am the Mac guy at work and all of my office mates are windows-centric and they all have just recently discovered iTunes. I just laugh to myself when I see them in awe of the program. Then I tell them I've been using this for four years.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I agree so much; As sad as this sounds I sometimes go for a walk or bike ride and looking around me at houses and streets I just think wow, and I only live in a small British town, but hey.

With this in mind technology could physically make my head exploded if I were to think about how cool it is for too long! Among my group of friends I'm the "techy guy" and sometimes thier reaction to what I can do amazes me.

For example I got the new episode of Family Guy and used QT7 Pro to convert it to a 3GP file and bluetoothed it to my phone. Which plays it back perfectly, albeit a little small, but it is watchable for the most part.

Streaming to Airport Express, hell wireless Internet, hell even regular Internet. Millions of computers connected to each other, wow. Talking to someone thousands of miles away. Talking to your neighbour.

Just stand and look around. The world is beautiful. Technology is fantastic.

PS. In an hour I'm off on a two day camping trip, taking a load of school kids to do some walking, and mainly to get away from my hectic life. A hectic life; I guess that's the real price we pay for technology.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm considered a "techy" kind of guy in my work, family, and friend circles. It also amazes me how amazed they are at what I can do. And I'm thinking the whole time, "Gee, folks, it's really not that hard if you just take a *little* time to read a few instructions and think about what you're supposed to do."

I guess there's just a mentality for so many people out there of "Technology is complicated, I'm not that smart, so I'm not going to even try."
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

I guess there's just a mentality for so many people out there of "Technology is complicated, I'm not that smart, so I'm not going to even try."

That is my brother all over. Yet I showed him iTunes last year, I told him where to get it and he asked a few questions about ripping and I told him about AAC and MP3, and now he's using it fine. I gave him an iTunes voucher for Christmas. It's even got to the point last week where we had a conversation about the AAC and MP3 formats and what play and don't play on our Sony Ericsson phones.

And yet he is still adamant that he doesn't like computers and technology as he doesn't understand it...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    If you think what we can do through computer technology/Apple products is amazing then you should look how long we have come in perfecting the man/machine integration when it comes to road bikes. It amazes me every time I am on the road how extremely efficiently my power is converted to motion while still blending into the bike as were we one machine. When on the road I don´t steer my bike in a certain direction like I manipulate my keyboard to take one example. I move me in a certain direction.

Simply put it is like our bodies were build for bikes in mind when in reality its the other way around.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    Like Anders said about bikes, many speak of how their Macs get out of the way and simply allow them to do what they want. I have been noticing that more and more, partly because I've managed to switch a number of people recently and they freak out (excessive glee) because they never thought computing was... well... lilke this.

My Macs have turned me into a computer nerd who really knows very little about computers. Yet I do projects, entertain, and create with a degree of sophistication beyond what others I know are doing, it's amazing to me.

Okay, enough patting on the back... off to another thread.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

...i think it's important to not totally rely on cell phones...

From your lips to sprints ears...I cant rely on my phone anywhere...when will cell companies stop worying about megapixel cameras and eminem ringers long enough to make a handset that can...i dunno...make a CALL...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

"Wow, this is cool!"

To be fair, a lot of people knew exactly what iTunes and iPod were long before they hit windows, between that and OSX we were SO envious...the windows iPod and iTunes along with a non-aio sub1000$ mac (the mini) has quelled this