Upcoming iBook Promotions?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all, I'm looking at getting a 14" iBook very soon. I'm getting it with the educational discount and planning on ordering it with 512MB of RAM and the Bluetooth hardware. I haven't been around Mac stuff for that long so my question is, is it likely that there will be some promotions or price drops in the near future? There was some murmuring about that when WWDC was happening. I know nobody knows anything for sure. Just looking for thoughts on that cause I don't absolutely need it right now and money is tight, but the sooner I can get it the better. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    naknak Posts: 101member
    If your situation is not too dire, then I think you can afford to wait a bit. Save up your money some more, and see if an update rolls around the corner while you wait.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    i would wait til the last possible minute you can... see what happens... save some money and see what you can do w/ that ibook
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ohoen

... is it likely that there will be some promotions or price drops in the near future? There was some murmuring about that when WWDC was happening. .

Im in the same situation. Mine isnt as serious, but bad.. Im stuck betweeen getting an Ibook or Mac Mini. Im just goin to wait and save til July 17th (Mac world expo) and see if anything is announced then. according to macrumors.com the ibook hasnt been updated in like 250 days.. and theyre usually upgraded like every 200 days.. so Im goin to wait and see what gets improved upon first.. good luck with your decision.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ohoenohoen Posts: 3member
    Well, I actually decided not to play the waiting game and ordered an iBook before any of you posted responses. Shipment, however, has been unexpectedly delayed until the 29th... When I heard that I called and put a hold on the order until then so I can see if anything happens at NECC. If I'm lucky there will be an update and/or a price drop. We'll see. Thanks for all the advice.

I just noticed that this should probably be in General Discussions. Any Mods wanna move it? Apologies for the misplaced post.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    yea.. well it doesnt matter for me anymore..ive made up my mind..finally. Im goin to invest in a 17" imac. Itd only be 200 dollars more than an Ibook with the config. i want. and its much better. I also dont NEED a laptop. More of a want. But this will work better for me.