How would I reserver something from SF Apple Store from out of the country?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
A week or so before my friend goes to SF, how would I make a reservation for lets say a new iBook?

do i have to give a USA credit card to place an order?

can i just place something on hold? how long will the SF store keep it on hold?

just wondering people's experiences, both from the official policy and their real-life in-store experience.

god forbid my friend has to go in to compUSA across the street and get it if the apple store is out of stock or something \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Well, VISA and MasterCard are accepted worldwide, so I don't see why you would need to have a US based credit card. That being said however, I highly doubt they'll keep anything 'reserved' for more than 3 days.

Could be wrong though.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    makkemakke Posts: 16member
    3 weeks ago I went to California and called the Palo Alto store whether they could have something delivered in their store that was ordered via the internet Apple store, that was not possible. Maybe reserving something is possible, but I would think there is enough stock of iBooks, probably depends on which configuration you want, you might want to call to check that.

The credit card is no issue though, you can use a Visa, Mastercard or Amex card, whether it is issued in the US or not.