Clock

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey guys/gals! I'm wondering if it's possible to get my clock to disply time in a 12 hour mode instead of the 24 hour mode. I've looked through all of my clock settings in System Preferences, but I can't seem to find an option to switch it to 12 hour. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.1.5 on a Powermac G3 Blue/White.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    Look again. It should be there. A check box that says "use 24 hour clock." Uncheck it.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    frezalfrezal Posts: 19member
    It doesn't seem to be there. Here's a screenshot

Anyone know what I could do to get that option to appear?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Did you try "Append AM/PM to the time"?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by phantomac

Did you try "Append AM/PM to the time"?

Yes I did. Here's what it looks like:

I don't remember the time being like this last week.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frezal

Yes I did. Here's what it looks like:

I don't remember the time being like this last week.

Try International Prefs.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Try International Prefs.

Thank you! That seemed to work just fine.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I also like to have the date in the menu bar next to the time. Here is how to do that from macosxhints.

10.4: Easily add the date to the menubar

Wed, May 18 '05 at 09:49AM ? from: BobbyP\t

Want to see the date in the menubar, as seen at right? Start by opening the International Preferences panel, and clicking the Formats tab.

In the Dates section, click Customize. Click the Show pop-up and select your choice of Short, Medium, etc. Now place the elements you want in the small "work area," by dragging and dropping them from the Date Elements section. Once placed, you can click on some elements to see other options (Wednesday or Wed, for instance). Once you've built the date string you want, click once in the work area, and hit Command-A then Command-C to select the string and copy it. Now click Cancel to close the window without making any changes.

In the Times section, click Customize, and set the Show pop-up to Medium. In the small work area below the pop-up, place the curser where you want the date elements to start, and click to position the cursor. Now hit Command-V to paste the elements you just copied. You can further add characters and spaces to customize the look. If you want to remove an element (i.e. the year), click on it and use the Delete key. Click OK, and you'll see the results in the menubar.

reg
  • Reply 8 of 8
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    10.3: Easily Add Date to Menu Bar While waiting for Tiger

Mon, June 27 '05 at 23:35PM ? from: Bergz

Download wClock or Menucalendarclock.

--B