News video on the internet?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Where do you go to watch free news video on the internet on your Mac? When I used Windows I'd get video at MSNBC, but they have embargoed OSX so that you can't load their clips (ironically I just watched a clip in Windows Media format on my Mac from CNN, so it's obviously a political, not technical, problem). A lot of sites force you to pay a monthly fee to download video. Is there a good free general news site that supports OSX (either Quicktime or Windows Media Player for OSX)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I use Real Player. News from CNN, CBS, music videos.

It works for me, but some may say it sucks.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    radiospaceradiospace Posts: 180member
    Real Player is out of the question for me (many bad memories from my Windows days).

Do you get video from CNN for free regularly, that way? They used to charge for video...

(EDIT: looking into it, it appears CNN might have done away with subscription fees to access their video, which would be great news in my book).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    radiospaceradiospace Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by radiospace

which would be great news in my book.

No pun intended.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    No fees, although they do have other feeds for a fee. CNN, CBS are free AFAIK.

I feel your pain about Real during the Windows days. But so far I have not had any issues in Mac OS.

I like to watch "Frontline" online and their Real Media is much better than their Windows Media content.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Real Player is out of the question for me (many bad memories from my Windows days).

RealPlayer for Mac doesn't have any of that message centre/web browser crap that makes it such a pain on Windows.