Coming Back

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am so sick with IBM computers that I am finally coming back to the apple fold. I am just wondering if now is a bad time to be purchasing. What I really want is a really portable laptop for school so I am looking at the 12" iBook. With all this talk about intel chips and announcements coming is this a bad time to be buying. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Would you really like to buy a first generation mac with a chip that they have never used before and doesn´t run optimal with the wast majority of apps written for the platform? If not then you can buy your mac now or wait 1½ to 2 years.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    That is a good point.

My main concern is not the intel chip but the rumours that new iBooks are coming out really soon. I don't want to spend the $1400 and then see I could have got somethin a lot better a month latter.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryanjarman

That is a good point.

My main concern is not the intel chip but the rumours that new iBooks are coming out really soon. I don't want to spend the $1400 and then see I could have got somethin a lot better a month latter.

Yeah if I was in the market for an iBook I'd wait, because they've gone a long time without an update. I suppose it's possible that they could go Intel before they're updated again, but that seems very unlikely.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Yeah ok.

Wait for the next update. Its imminent. But don´t wait for the McIntels
  • Reply 5 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryanjarman

That is a good point.

ibooks might come as early as next week.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Thanks for the tips. I am really excited to get back to the world of Macs.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    One quick add-on. Do you think the prices will go up with the upgrade or stay close to the prices of the iBooks now?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    I would say they will be the same or cheaper.

I guess it will depend on what gets added.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    hey "back to school" is a very hot time for computer sales. apple hasn't announced anything yet for that steaming market. hmmmmm somethings got to be coming. apple wouldn't leave this BTS season without a good try.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The I book will be updated soon logically.

You should wait for the next update and decide what you will do.