I've given up on hoping for new iBooks

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Maybe over the next few days my faith will be renewed, but for now i'm getting my dad's iBook g4 933mhz back from applecare (they refused to repair the modem because of a 'burnout' issue, whatever the hell that is, i'm quite sure we haven't used the modem during a lighting storm or anything)

in the meantime i might start scrounging around for pentium D parts to upgrade the pentium 2-333mhz i am typing this post on.

In a lame attempt to justify starting this thread

i would like to remind everyone that Tuesday is the start of the National Educational Computing Conference in Philadelphia, USA of which Apple is a major conference sponsor and exhibitor

http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2005/

One would imagine if there is a major push in education stuff launch outside of the July 7th event, it would be here. Otherwise, if it is just new iPods and no new macs on July 7th, oh man.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Maybe over the next few days my faith will be renewed, but for now i'm getting my dad's iBook g4 933mhz back from applecare (they refused to repair the modem because of a 'burnout' issue, whatever the hell that is, i'm quite sure we haven't used the modem during a lighting storm or anything)

in the meantime i might start scrounging around for pentium D parts to upgrade the pentium 2-333mhz i am typing this post on.

In a lame attempt to justify starting this thread

i would like to remind everyone that Tuesday is the start of the National Educational Computing Conference in Philadelphia, USA of which Apple is a major conference sponsor and exhibitor

http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2005/

One would imagine if there is a major push in education stuff launch outside of the July 7th event, it would be here. Otherwise, if it is just new iPods and no new macs on July 7th, oh man.....

What's a Pentium D?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Joey

What's a Pentium D?

actually, i think i meant 'scrounge pentium 3 parts'.

the pentium D is more of an evolution from the pentium 3, rather than evolved from the pentium 4

pentium D will run cooler and consume less power, it's meant to be dual-core, etc. etc.

http://www.intel.com/products/proces...um_D/index.htm

brain not so working now, others feel free to chime in

a pentium D or pentium D descendant, rather than a pentium 4 or pentium 4 descendant, is a strong candidate to feature in future Macinteshs.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:

brain not so working now, others feel free to chime in

That's what I think too. Pentium D has 2 pentium 4 cores on it. It is not related to Pentium 3 (currently).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    i think someones confused,

Pentium D is the dual core Pentium 4

Pentium M is the evolution of the pentium 3.