skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Limo with hookers in it.
  • Reply 22 of 59
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    My dream car:

All cars should be like this one
  • Reply 23 of 59
    maaaaarkmaaaaark Posts: 16member
    How much is the new IS300 going for? I want the Skyline when they come stateside
  • Reply 24 of 59
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maaaaark

How much is the new IS300 going for? I want the Skyline when they come stateside

The R34 will never come stateside. The new Skyline is sold here as the Infiniti G35. They can go very fast with some mods, which will cost all together a lot less than will importing an R34.
  • Reply 25 of 59
    tomjtomj Posts: 120member
    Enzo
  • Reply 26 of 59
    A Saab 9000 Aero.

I'm Scandanavian. 'Nuff said.

Pictures: http://www.saab9000.com/gallery/index.php
  • Reply 27 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by lws1984

A Saab 9000 Aero.

I'm Scandanavian. 'Nuff said.

Pictures: http://www.saab9000.com/gallery/index.php

Right now in the US there are some fantastic deals on the 9-3. I'm not sure if that's what you call it in Sweden, but that's the lingo here. My friend just got one, and it's pretty nice, but I like the turbo 2.0L in my WRX a lot more than the one in the Saab. Granted, the Saab engine gets better fuel economy, and it is more suited to American driving habits (turbo comes on at low rpm), I actually prefer turbo-fours that don't pretend to be V6's. That is, I like my turbo to come on strong up high. It's there when I want it, and not there when I just want to drive slowly and save gas.
  • Reply 28 of 59
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I just retired my '93 Aero 9000 for a Subaru Forrester XT. For the price the Subaru can't be beat, but for my next car I'm definitely thinking about the 9-3 with the six cylinder turbo. That thing sounds bitchin.
  • Reply 29 of 59
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Not my dream car (I like to stay realistic), but my next want have:

Escudo
  • Reply 30 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

I just retired my '93 Aero 9000 for a Subaru Forrester XT. For the price the Subaru can't be beat, but for my next car I'm definitely thinking about the 9-3 with the six cylinder turbo. That thing sounds bitchin.

There's a turbo-six 9-3 in the works? All of the 9-3s right now have 2.0L fours.
  • Reply 31 of 59
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Performance

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0?62 mph) 3.2 seconds

Top speed: 395+ km/h (242+ mph) <-- Top out at 268

Standing quartermile: 9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)

Braking distance: 31 m (100?0 km/h)

Lateral g-force: 1.3 g

Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 13 l/100 km

Combined: 17 l/100 km

Engine (click for more info about the CCR engineering specifics)

Type: V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts. Cam cover of carbonfibre.

Displacement: 4.700 cm3.

Compression: 8.6:1

Weight: 215 kg

Lubrication system: Dry sump with unique oil spray piston cooling. Oil cooler.

Oil: SAE 10W60 fully synthetic racing.

Oil tank capacity: 12 litres (2.64 gallons)

Induction system: Sequential, multipoint fuel injection. Dual Rotrex centrifugal compressors with 1.4 max boost pressure. Intercooler.

Fuel: 98 RON unleaded.

Ignition system: Direct coil on plug. Transistorised.

Power output: 806 bhp at 6.900 rpm. <-- Holy Shitt

Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678 ftlb) at 5.700 rpm.

Maximum rpm: 7.600 rpm.
  • Reply 32 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Look how deep the dash is on that thing. I'd be losing shit up by the windshield continually. I suppose a quick sprint off the line will bring it all flying back into my face.

I'm surprised that they couldn't have put a hinge on the roof, so that the car looks even more ridiculous with everything open. It's like a Swiss Army Knife.
  • Reply 33 of 59
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member

shhhhaaaaaaaaaa-wiiiiiiiiiiiiingggg!!!!

this is the stuff baby.
  • Reply 34 of 59
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Quote:

There's a turbo-six 9-3 in the works? All of the 9-3s right now have 2.0L fours.

Yup, should be out in the Fall I think. Found a small blurg about it here
  • Reply 35 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Ford GT Need I say more

That's a GT40.
  • Reply 36 of 59
    A 1965 Aston Martin DB-5. Silver, fully restored.
  • Reply 37 of 59
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    My dream cars are not very far out of reach... ordered by price:

BMW 318iS (E30)

MR2 Turbo (SW20)

Impreza GT
  • Reply 38 of 59
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    This was like my first car - almost Identical to this one when I was finished except:

I got an 400 CI motor from a 1969 H/O from a guy that worked at Hurst, and mine was a 1965 Cutlass F-85

I plan on purchasing one to restore or if I find a good deal on a finished one, I'll buy it.

Love this car.

I'm with ShawnJ on the mustang also.
  • Reply 39 of 59
    lws1984lws1984 Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Right now in the US there are some fantastic deals on the 9-3. I'm not sure if that's what you call it in Sweden, but that's the lingo here. My friend just got one, and it's pretty nice, but I like the turbo 2.0L in my WRX a lot more than the one in the Saab. Granted, the Saab engine gets better fuel economy, and it is more suited to American driving habits (turbo comes on at low rpm), I actually prefer turbo-fours that don't pretend to be V6's. That is, I like my turbo to come on strong up high. It's there when I want it, and not there when I just want to drive slowly and save gas.

Actually, I'm American, but I was born in sweden. But the cars have the same names everywhere. But, there are some great deals over here, and i just got back from the dealer in a shiny new Saab 9-3 Aero convertible. But I also saw a '95 9000 for $2000, which i also bought.
  • Reply 40 of 59
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by His Dudeness

That's a GT40.

No, Ford released a 2005 GT, no 40, it is the DOT legal GT 40