Motorola iTunes phone revealed?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Exclusive -- The image seen below is believed to be an official mock or prototype image of a Motorola-based Apple compatible phone, and quite possibly the much anticipated iTunes phone expected for release some time in the next several days.

It's unclear if the image is an accurate representation of the iTunes phone as it will be released from Motorola, but reliable sources have been able to confirm the largely-unedited image as originating from Motorola company documents dated June, 2005.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 66
    spyderspyder Posts: 170member
    I dunno, looks a little strange. It looks like it should be attached to an X-Box or something.
  • Reply 2 of 66
    An iTunes visualizer on a screen that small? Why would anyone even want to watch that? Unless it's just for the official product shots.

Ugly either way. Green on black; was there no other combination that the marketing department felt people might like...ya know...more than that? Hmm? Hmmm?
  • Reply 3 of 66
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I don't buy it. A black phone to accompany software that was made famous by white iPod and white earbuds?
  • Reply 4 of 66
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Ummmm, okay. That is just plain nasty looking. What's with the clickwheel in the middle of the keypad? I guess it's okay if you don't have to use the three middle numbers to call someone.

• Reply 5 of 66
    I'm sure the green color can be changed if that is the actual phone.. just as normal phones have the ability to change display colors.. (at least my Motorola does).

Also wasn't it reported elsewhere that it was going to be white like the original iPods? Not black? So maybe if this is the real phone its offered in several different colors like the mini? Eitherway the design seems cool and very original.. it needed something to set it apart from other "normal" phones.

But then again.. its probably someone playing a joke.. it really doesn't look like an Apple product, and from all things indicated, its just a simple Moto phone with iTunes software.

My bet is this is fake

Edit: Almost looks like the black is some kind of case if you look close.. like maybe the whole phone is green. (which would be even uglier)
  • Reply 6 of 66
    amac4meamac4me Posts: 282member
    I hope the iTunes phone ends up bringing more people over to the Mac platform. Most PC users haven't used a Mac. If they have a pleasant experience with the phone, they may be inclined to check out a Mac ... at least that's the hope.
  • Reply 7 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by amac4me

I hope the iTunes phone ends up bringing more people over to the Mac platform. Most PC users haven't used a Mac. If they have a pleasant experience with the phone, they may be inclined to check out a Mac ... at least that's the hope.

Its a Motorola phone.. not an iPod.. and your not buying one at an Apple store where u can see other products, your buying it at a Cingular store or a kiosk in some mall

If they is some kind of halo affect (please GOD don't start a discussion on whether it exists) it wont be helped or hurt by this or any other iTunes phone.
  • Reply 8 of 66
    lungarettalungaretta Posts: 194member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webavatar

I'm sure the green color can be changed if that is the actual phone.. just as normal phones have the ability to change display colors.. (at least my Motorola does).

Doesn't Apple have a patent for a piece of hardware's skin changing colour to reflect activity (or some such...)

Perhaps it's black & green when you get a call and white and shiny when you're listening to music

• Reply 9 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by lungaretta

Doesn't Apple have a patent for a piece of hardware's skin changing colour to reflect activity (or some such...)

Perhaps it's black & green when you get a call and white and shiny when you're listening to music

I remember reading about that. Would need to be done with OLED's I think.
  • Reply 10 of 66
    eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! That is that ugliest phone that I have ever seen! I was thinking about getting one of these but if thats it, no way!!!! I will never be seen with that phone. and Motorola makes better looking things then that. Its a fake. Please be a fake!
  • Reply 11 of 66
    radiospaceradiospace Posts: 180member
    That must be the iTunes U2 Phone.
  • Reply 12 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by radiospace

• Reply 13 of 66
    Ha ha ha. After reading this post, never have I laughed so hard.

Quote:

Originally posted by radiospace

• Reply 14 of 66
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    If you look at the scroll wheel you still see some of the image of the number keys ok top of it. It must be that part of the phone flips down or something. Actually it dosen't look as bad as my old Nokia did. \
  • Reply 15 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

If you look at the scroll wheel you still see some of the image of the number keys ok top of it. It must be that part of the phone flips down or something. Actually it dosen't look as bad as my old Nokia did. \

Nokias are the most horribly designed phones in history. Pretty good qaulity though. I've used Sanyo phones for about 4 years now, and that's what I recommend to most people.
  • Reply 16 of 66
    0010001100100011 Posts: 21member
    I think the phone looks good, especially the buttons on the side, though it does look a little thick. It looks like it's supposed to be a "fun - program your favorite songs in iTunes as ring-tones" phone as opposed to "hey, I'm an important business man - my phone represents who I am" kind of a phone. Sure, the phone has a "The Matrix" / "XBox" color scheme, but I think it looks good. Also, who's to say it won't come in other colors? Motorola, especially, has had several phone models in different colors/changeable front covers.
  • Reply 17 of 66
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Oh dear god, that's ugly. It's almost uglier than the Matrix phone.

And the scroll wheel? I suppose rotary dialing is back in style, along with bell bottoms and disco. \

I just hope this isn't the real thing...
  • Reply 18 of 66
    wow. i have a feeling the iPhone is going to be as small as possible and of course the mandatory white and possibly silver. i think it will be a flipdown. this looks like crap.
  • Reply 19 of 66
    johnsonwaxjohnsonwax Posts: 462member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kesh

Oh dear god, that's ugly. It's almost uglier than the Matrix phone.

And the scroll wheel? I suppose rotary dialing is back in style, along with bell bottoms and disco. \

I just hope this isn't the real thing...

Well, I couldn't tell you the last time I actually dialed a number on my phone - I always use the address book. In that sense, the iPod interface would be ideal. Having to dial a number using the click wheel, well, that I'm not at all sure about. It'd crack my kids up to have the sesame-street little kids voices say the numbers as quickly as you scroll through them though...

onetwothreefourfivesixseven - seven!

onetwothreefour - four!

onetwothreefourfivesixseveneightnine - nine!

And yeah, that's one ass-ugly phone.
  • Reply 20 of 66
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    This looks like a Hulk phone or a phone filled with liquid krytonite.