VPC 7.02 upgrade released

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just updated to 7.02 - fast & easy. Seems to have taken care of the Virtual Switch problem, but I don't have notes on any other fixes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    did it come down in the MSFT Update or did you download it?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

did it come down in the MSFT Update or did you download it?

What MSFT Update? I think that you are confusing MS Windows with VPC. WinXP automatically updates the OS. This works within Windows on VPC just as it works with any other PC running Windows. However, what we are talking about here is an update to VPC, itself. Updating VPC is equivalent to updating your PC hardware, not the Windows OS. You have to download the updater from the Microsoft website.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    No, No, No, No, No!!!!

Microsoft includes an automatic updated for the Office 2004 software and i am pretty sure it is also supposed to provide for VPC. If you have office, look for the program called Microsoft AutoUpdate.app. It is in the folder above the office apps
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

No, No, No, No, No!!!!

Microsoft includes an automatic updated for the Office 2004 software and i am pretty sure it is also supposed to provide for VPC. If you have office, look for the program called Microsoft AutoUpdate.app. It is in the folder above the office apps

The Microsoft AutoUpdate help file hints that AutoUpdate supports some Microsoft applications for the Mac but not others. Only the apps in Office 2004 are explicitly mentioned as supported, but the help file implies that others are also supported. It would be nice if the help file or some other documentation explicitly stated which of Microsoft's apps are supported by AutoUpdate.