Baby Steps To September 24th

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I think it's great that Apple has launched a 'Back To School' Student Union promotion where they stuff free iPod minis in the fat little fingers of students buying computers from the Edu store.

The deal lasts to September 24th. The last day of Paris is September 24th. Is this the death knell for anyone hoping for an updated iBook or Powerbook in the next 2 months?

I simply cannot bend my mind around how they would start this promotion and introduce new computers into the flow. I think it will be a quiet couple months on the hardware front.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by specialkbdc

I think it's great that Apple has launched a 'Back To School' Student Union promotion where they stuff free iPod minis in the fat little fingers of students buying computers from the Edu store.

The deal lasts to September 24th. The last day of Paris is September 24th. Is this the death knell for anyone hoping for an updated iBook or Powerbook in the next 2 months?

I simply cannot bend my mind around how they would start this promotion and introduce new computers into the flow. I think it will be a quiet couple months on the hardware front.

Nah, it's just edu sales, and usually those promotions include language that limits the sale to existing hardware, and gives Apple the right to pull the sale at any time.

Apple could still release new hardware in July and have it read for student purchases.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    They often have promotions like this. When this started, an even better one (in some ways) just ended with $100 off most edu purchases that had been going on for several months.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    It's a good thing that "I just missed the $100 sale" so that I can get the free iPod mini or get an iPod photo with a $179 discount.