Recovering data on an iPhoto.....

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I acccidentally (or ignorantly) deleted files of RAW photos from my Canon 1D MKII. Does anyone know how to attempt to recover them? I have failed so far in my attempt to recover them from my Powerbook with Data Rescue. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I have a 20D and I still use iPhoto 4.0.3 and it does not store raw photos. When you do the download from the camera it will take the jpg photos and give a window with all the raw photos saying that the format is not recognized and will not load them. Not sure if iPhoto 5.x allows you to store raw. If you use the Canon software it will be in there.

reg
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The iPhoto does store RAW photos and I have successfully downloaded them to my Powerbook. I just deleted them from both the Powerbook and iPod. I have tried to rescue them from the computer and failed. I am looking for the same type of rescue for the iPod.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flagstaff434

I acccidentally (or ignorantly) deleted files of RAW photos from my Canon 1D MKII. Does anyone know how to attempt to recover them? I have failed so far in my attempt to recover them from my Powerbook with Data Rescue. Thanks for your help.

I haven't used Data Rescue, but the promo page says it can recover from media that cameras use. This might require getting a compact flash/etc card reader. Check the Data Rescue docs to see if it can read the media thru the camera.

As far as recovering the iPod, you should be able to do that just by treating it as a hard drive. Does it mount in the Finder? If so, maybe Data Rescue can be pointed at it there.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thank you, Johnny, I am headed there now.