iDVD help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Using a PM dual 2.7 with 4.5 gigs of ram. I recently shot a wedding, and while I usually do a print package for them, I am trying to put it on DVD as a slide show option. I made it using iDVD and dragging and dropping the files from bridge to iDVD, I tested it in "Preview" and all was fine. I went on to burn the disc. I tested it with DVD Player and it works fine, however, when I try to use it on a commercial DVD player it does not work. I used DVD-R for the disc to help ensure compatibility and these are discs that worked on previous versions of iDVD. I have the latest version BTW. Is there any help that any of you can give me?? I would greatly appreciate it as I am going to have to make some DVDs for clients, and I definitely can't have this problem... Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    some dvd players just don't like burned discs. how many commercial players have you tried?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    santasanta Posts: 67member
    I burnt a DVD using a genuine Apple DVD and it would not play on my sons LG player.

I re-burnt using a cheap no-name DVD and it played fine.

Some disks just won't work with some players.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Does Apple software allow you to set the Book Type on DVD-R to "DVD-ROM type"?

I always do that when I burn DVD on PC to ensure maximum stand alone player compatibility.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by skatman

Does Apple software allow you to set the Book Type on DVD-R to "DVD-ROM type"?

I always do that when I burn DVD on PC to ensure maximum stand alone player compatibility.

not iDVD, just dvd studio pro
  • Reply 5 of 8
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Well, I tried on my personal DVD player, on my PS2, and on the DVD player in my bedroom. None of them recognized the disc. This is the first time I have ever had this problem, so I am not sure what to do. This is also the first DVD I have burned since the update. I have used two different brands of disc as well. Not sure what to do from here...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Well, I tried on my personal DVD player, on my PS2, and on the DVD player in my bedroom. None of them recognized the disc. This is the first time I have ever had this problem, so I am not sure what to do. This is also the first DVD I have burned since the update. I have used two different brands of disc as well. Not sure what to do from here...

burned dvd's in PS2's will never work on a consistent basis.

what update?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

burned dvd's in PS2's will never work on a consistent basis.

what update?

Well, I tried my living room DVD player, the PS2, and my bedroom DVD player. I have also since tried it in a PC and no luck there either.

As far as the update is concerned, my DVDs worked fine in iLife 04, but not in 05. I am totally up to date with all software and I am using Tiger.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Well, I tried my living room DVD player, the PS2, and my bedroom DVD player. I have also since tried it in a PC and no luck there either.

As far as the update is concerned, my DVDs worked fine in iLife 04, but not in 05. I am totally up to date with all software and I am using Tiger.

hmm... i would say just go through all the iDVD prefs and double check that they are the same as they were in '4. if all else fails, try re-installing iDVD05, or perhaps just trashing the prefs file will work. just an idea \