First Time In 18 Years.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
This is the first time in the 18-year history of Macworld Conference & Expo that the Keynote will take place the day before the exhibit floor opens, and Apple and IDG World Expo promise it will be well worth attending.

These little blurbs make me crazy! I want my 700 mhz iBook now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>This is the first time in the 18-year history of Macworld Conference & Expo that the Keynote will take place the day before the exhibit floor opens, and Apple and IDG World Expo promise it will be well worth attending.

These little blurbs make me crazy! I want my 700 mhz iBook now.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well let's hope it is worth it. As far as the 700 Mhz iBook they have the chips so it's coming.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I better sell my 500 MHz iBook NOW!

murbot, wanna buy it?

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 11
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    Please tell me you guys are not serious about a 700mhz iBook at MWSF. If you are you are, you are crazy.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I am thinking the low end iBook will get bumped to the same speed as the other two higher models. And that's it.....
  • Reply 5 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yes, an all 600MHz/100MHz system bus iBook line-up?

Yes, I can see that. That isn't a huge, unrealistic stretch. Unifies the line, makes it a bit more of a "fair fight" (say you just wanted a speedy-as-possible iBook for $1299 and weren't interested in DVD, CD-R or a combo drive? Why do you have to take a 100MHz hit AND have a slower bus just because you don't want or need anything other than a basic CD-ROM drive?).

I can see that happening. That AND perhaps bumping the combo drive's CD-R burn speed up to 8x and away from the lame, embarrassing 4x it currently sports.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I want a 1 GHz iBook.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Then just wait until March...of 2003.

• Reply 8 of 11
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by discstickers:

<strong>I want a 1 GHz iBook. </strong><hr></blockquote>

And it's gotta have a G4.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Make that 2004.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Hey, I just remembered my 10 year predictions from the old AI, we need to start that thread again.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I think 600 MHz across the line would be great. I know for a fact there are people that would like to grab a cheap iBook to use in conjunction with the iMac they are buying after MWSF, and the cheaper the better. They don't really need DVD, won't need CD-RW, because the iMac will have it, but the current CD-ROM is vastly underpowered compared to the other models in the lineup, so.....

a 600 MHz CD-ROM iBook would be great.

So like, yeah, this um, friend of mine, he'd like that alot.