London News: Post Experiences, Discussion Here

Comments

• Reply 41 of 170
    I'm alive, but very weirded out. I was at home when it all went off. Been receiving many messages asking if I'm OK. Everyone walking on the streets, no busses. Everyone on the phone, difficult to make calls.

Really angry, really sad.
  • Reply 42 of 170
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

I'm alive, but very weirded out. I was at home when it all went off. Been receiving many messages asking if I'm OK. Everyone walking on the streets, no busses. Everyone on the phone, difficult to make calls.

Good to hear you're OK.

I know we don't often agree, but I would not want anything bad to happen.

Stay safe.

Any other Londoners her in AI? Is everyone accounted for?
  • Reply 43 of 170
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    My heart goes out to everyone at AI affected by this.

J
  • Reply 44 of 170
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Fuck them.

Have you heard from Hassan? And I believe midwinter is also in the mother country ATM. It would be nice to hear they are both OK.
  • Reply 45 of 170
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Speak of one of the devils. Nice to hear from ya, deary.
  • Reply 46 of 170
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    For me, in times of peril, I always find myself turning to the good book for peace of mind and understanding. In such times I often reflect on this passage;

Quote:

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds

• Reply 47 of 170
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    I'm glad to hear you London AI's are good. My heart goes out to you guys, your family and fellow countryman...

It was unfortunately, probably only a matter of time before something horrendous like this occured on English soil.

I thimk we here in the American west are going to be due a visit from these sons of bitches...
  • Reply 48 of 170
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    My sincerest apologies, thoughts and prayers to anyone affected by this tragedy
  • Reply 49 of 170
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    on another note i'm kinda shocked this could even happen, it makes me wonder why smaller attacks haven't happened here in the US since we are so much larger, could this mean a big event is being planned for the US? i suspect so
  • Reply 50 of 170
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    This is truly sad.

I wonder the same about whether this is only the beginning (I suppose that is A goal of these guys).

Like the 9/11 attacks...I am left confused. I just don't get the point. The point simply seems to be to kill people, nothing more.
  • Reply 51 of 170
    Weird coming from me, but can we chill on the blame-apportioning until, like, tomorrow? Everyone?

x
  • Reply 52 of 170
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    I agree. Let us show some decency here.
  • Reply 53 of 170
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    hassan good to hear your around. is it just me or has marcUK posted

anyway, yeah. my brother is on a plane to heathrow in several hourse time. he's supposed to start work on monday after waiting 10 weeks in australia to get his UK work visa stuff sorted out

what a roller coaster for Brits, hang in there mateys

hassan btw. this moon cycle just over is the one in which the full moon coincided with the summer solstice. very rare according to lionel sims (once every few hundred years ? or was it thousand? can't find his email now \

2012 is the end of the mayan calendar thingy

i'm not getting all nostradamus on anyones ass, the thing is, i agree with most people. look, if we all blow ourselves up in a big World War 3 thing, or if aliens invade and wipe out all humans, whatever the fuck ever.

but....

this terrorism shit is just FUCKING ANNOYING AND FUCKS WITH YOUR MIND

stay calm, stay peaceful, say your mind, be yourself, condolences to all those harmed physically and psychologically.

• Reply 54 of 170
    i think if people need to vent, let it be so... but yeah, trying to assign blame right now is just a silly conundrum that makes my head (and heart) hurt
  • Reply 55 of 170
    powermacg6powermacg6 Posts: 123member
    good to hear harald, hassan, alex and other AI'ers are all ok,

thanks to all who express love and companionship in this.

Hopefully we'll all remain calm, and whatever shred of Britishness is left in Britain, I hope to God, this is not a catalyst to start of the radicalisation of the British public into a doctrine of fear anger and revenge.

We must remember what it was like to be British, and not become equal to the evil that did this, in our attempt to come to terms with it.

MarcUK.
  • Reply 56 of 170
    Best wishes.
  • Reply 57 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by powermacG6

good to hear harald, hassan, alex and other AI'ers are all ok,

thanks to all who express love and companionship in this.

Hopefully we'll all remain calm, and whatever shred of Britishness is left in Britain, I hope to God, this is not a catalyst to start of the radicalisation of the British public into a doctrine of fear anger and revenge.

We must remember what it was like to be British, and not become equal to the evil that did this, in our attempt to come to terms with it.

MarcUK.

Glad your fine.

Stay safe man.
  • Reply 58 of 170
    Any news on Midwinter?
  • Reply 59 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac The Fork

Best wishes.

hey mac the fork
  • Reply 60 of 170
    Quote:

Originally posted by powermacG6

hey im banned again!, but fuck it. and I just got home from work so couldn't post till now ^^^^^.

cool. note to selves... marcUK now is powermacG6