Is there an iCal tutorial for sharing calendars-more than the 1 paragraph on apple

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm trying to share an iCal calendar here at work. It seems like a great way to share our workflows, but I am having a hard time publishing. .Mac is not an option, because I need to keep this internal to my division. I do have a few spare Macs and PCs that could host the calendars...if I could get iCal to publish.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not sure what I should be doing. Can I use an OSX Mac as an iCal server? How about a Windows box?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    I have been wondering the same thing. I would like to make a calendar available to where I can get to it from other machines myself, but I do not necesarily want to publish it to the entire world.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Thanks, but I need to keep this stuff in-house.

Two questions:

1) Can I enable WebDAV on Tiger or XP?

2) Can I publish a calendar so that other, selected, users can modify it?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    gdconwaygdconway Posts: 71member
    I need to share in house as well. I haven't found a satisfactory solution. All the suggestions I've received seem to involve 3d party websites. I think this is a major problem with iCal. Its near-worthless for the small business. This would be my no. 1 request for future Os updates.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    well you could get .Mac
  • Reply 6 of 6
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Ok, it looks like iCal is not the right solution for what I need. Does anyone know of anything that is like iCal, but allows multiple people to update a shared calendar and allows easy, in-house hosting?

TIA