Problem Printing to Video in FCE HD

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello,

I'm using FCE hd and I'm trying to output a sequence to tape. The problem is that when I set the video out to Apple Firewire NTSC (720 x 480) what I see on my mini DV (Sony DCR-TRV38) is a bunch of blocks running across the screen. Video will play through to the camera but the blocks make it look terrible...

Does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this? Changing the video does not work b/c whe nyou do Print to video it does not send it out the camera even though FCE controls the camera and makes it record.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    first make sure everything is fully rendered. second, make sure all your connections are good. lastly, i don't ever use the 'print to video' feature. you can accomplish the same thing by just hitting record and playing your sequence through (assuming external video is turned on). it gives you much more control over things if something goes wrong.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    That's the thing. even before I use the print to video feature if I set the video out to external firewire (In FCE HD it's called Apple NTSC (720x480)) it looks all screwy on the camcorder...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    And wouldn't you know it...I try it again and it works!!!...