Mail 2.0 problem after 4.2 update

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anyone else having problems with Mail 2.0 after the update? When I try to send mail, Mail will not find the correct SMTP server to use and defaults to my .Mac account using "smtp.mac.com"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ginopiazza49

Anyone else having problems with Mail 2.0 after the update? When I try to send mail, Mail will not find the correct SMTP server to use and defaults to my .Mac account using "smtp.mac.com"

You have to select the correct SMTP server.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

You have to select the correct SMTP server.

That I know. What I meant is Mail does not me. In other words, it only shows "smtp.mac.com". All worked perfectly with 10.4.1 . And, yes, I repaired permissions.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    I can't believe Tiger Mail still doesn't have a Status Bar. I really miss it. Is it worth filing a bug report to Apple to try and get it back?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

I can't believe Tiger Mail still doesn't have a Status Bar. I really miss it. Is it worth filing a bug report to Apple to try and get it back?

i know it's not exactly what you want, but you can press cmd+0 ..
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I had problems with Mail in 10.4.2 not connecting to our smtp server which was smtp.something.com.au,

After talking with my ISP i just changed the smtp to the actual IP address, being

123.123.123.45 or something similar and all was hunky dory

This may work for you

Bikerdude
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by ginopiazza49

I have the same problem.

when you get this annoying message. close the window & click on "Get Mail"

You might not get mail but it seems to do the trick. Go back to "draft" & open the email you want to send & just do it. It will work