Apple releases AirPort 4.2 software for Panther, Tiger

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple today posted AirPort 4.2 for Mac OS X 10.4.2 (14MB) and AirPort 4.2 for Mac OS X 10.3.3 (13MB). The update fixes compatibility with Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2) security software on AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme base stations. This update also resolves IPv6 link local configuration issues.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    When I first saw information about this yesterday, I thought it was a firmware upgrade for the base station itself, but it actually popped up in Software Upgrade last night on my Power Mac. I do have an Airport Extreme card in the machine, so I went ahead and installed it. I need to play around with wireless tonight and see how it works out.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    awalawal Posts: 66member
    I was having trouble with only one of my 4 macs at home connecting to my wireless network after upgrading to 10.4.2 .

I installed this upgrade and....

it didn't do squat!

Good times!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    freestatefreestate Posts: 123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AWAL

I was having trouble with only one of my 4 macs at home connecting to my wireless network after upgrading to 10.4.2 .

I installed this upgrade and....

it didn't do squat!

Good times!

If you have not done so you need to open /Applications/Utilities/AirPort Admin Utility

Click on configure and it will prompt you to update the Airport Base station. This helped me once I updated the base station.