Sony Ericsson K750i

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've just bought the new K750i only to discover that it is not usable with iSync. I found in the past that many phones DO work with iSync, even if they are released after it comes out. Any idea how I can get this to work? Or whether it will work with the next update?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    I read somewhere that you can just update the list of supported phones embeded in the application. Put I'm not able to explain to you how to do that without researching it a bit first.

There is also the application Missing sync, that might work.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I haven't tried it (I don't have a K750), but I found this link. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

I haven't tried it (I don't have a K750), but I found this link. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the link.

I'm afraid it didn't work, but then I could never get my K700i to sync after the first time either. Any idea what might be wrong? Also, could someone send me the original iSnyc file MetaClasses.plist in Contents/PlugIns/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/PlugIns/PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin/Contents/Resources/. The new version has stopped me from syncing even through Address Book. My email is [email protected]

Thanks
  • Reply 4 of 9
    OK, and what about the Nokia 6680? Is there a similar hack for that or am I just going to have wait until an update for iSync is released?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    From hardmac:

Marc tells us how to make the K750 working with Mac:

While waiting for the iPhone, I managed to synchronise the K750, including the calendar!

I tested this method with my Powerbook 15", iSync 2 and Tiger 10.4.1 and it works:

- Do all the system updates availables

- Save the address book and phone contacts

- Download this file: http://www.feisar.plus.com/sync/k750.zip

- Quit iSync, CTRL-click on the iSync icon in the Applications folder

- Choose "Show package content"

- Go to: Contents/PlugIns/ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice/Contents/

PlugIns/PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin/Contents/Resources/

- Drag and drop the 2 files from the K750 archive (MetaClasses.plist et SEK750.tiff)

- Download this file: http://www.feisar.plus.com/sync/PhonePlugins.zip

- Drag and drop the "PhonePlugins" folder in the system's Library folder (not the user's one)

- Delete all existing links to the K750i in the Bluetooth preferences

- Reboot the machine

- Go to the Bluetooth menu and select "configure a bluetooth device"

- Make the association

- Launch iSync

- Address book and iCal are now synchronised!

The guy who wrote these scripts is also the author of Sync Now. He really deserves to get something on PayPal!

Let me tell you that this hack is non-official and you may experienced some uncompatibilities or loss of data... but it should work!

T's note: be careful, you're doing that at your own risks. Don't forget to back up your system and data first!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    the k750i now has official iSync support (after iSync software update)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

the k750i now has official iSync support (after iSync software update)

Yay! I think I've just found which phone I will be upgrading to in a couple of months .
  • Reply 8 of 9
    fowler.fowler. Posts: 16member
    [random post]

if anyone is interested in selling their K750 to someone in the states, I'd be very interested in purchasing it. I'm hoping for semi cheap

but seriously, we can make a deal if someone wants an iTunes phone and it's not available in the uk when it comes out..
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Just pointing out that the K750i doesn't support the GSM 850 band so Cingular and Rogers (In North America) won't have full coverage with it. If you're using T-Mobile or are outside of North America you're fine.

Oh, also it's coming out on their NA website fairly soon.