Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware

Comments

• Reply 21 of 187
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Confirmed: Release of Intel-based Mini and iBook is imminent.

Yonah will hit the streets early, as a gesture of goodwill by Intel towards Apple. The dog-days of PPC are OVER!

Are you going to suck your dick if it doesn't happen?
  • Reply 22 of 187
    baranovichbaranovich Posts: 184member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

DHagan4755, you are too funy. You just took my idea and ran with it. I'm glad someone else see's the humor in this like I did...

I second this!!! Very funny on your part.
  • Reply 23 of 187
    Although on European store pages (UK, NL, FR) Apple is mentioning 7-10 days shipping on the mini and 7 days on the iBook....

iMac, eMac, Powermac, Powerbook are all within 24 h.
  • Reply 24 of 187
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Well we know Apple will transition their low end products to Intel first, along with their laptops since they are most desperate for power. This leaves the iMac for switching to Intel later, before the Powermacs, but after the laptops and the Mini and maybe the eMac. If Apple does indeed follow this pattern, then the iMac will need at least one update before morphing into a MacIntel.

My bet is on a PPC 970mp-based iMac. Apple can make the Powermacs all dual PPC 970mp, and the iMacs single 970mp. Most of the Intel CPUs Apple will be using will all be dual core, so why not move to dual core now on as many lines as possible? Furthermore, it would pose a marketing problem if the iBook and Mini were both Yonah-based, with dual cores, and the more expensive iMacs were all stuck in the Triassic era with single core 970fx chips.

Eh, Apple probably won't do anything this cool, but it's nice to dream about.

I would buy a 970 MP iMac in a split second!
  • Reply 25 of 187
    gramscigramsci Posts: 35member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dutch pear

Although on European store pages (UK, NL, FR) Apple is mentioning 7-10 days shipping on the mini and 7 days on the iBook....

iMac, eMac, Powermac, Powerbook are all within 24 h.

I ordered some mac minis for school over a week ago and there is no sign of them yet. I have had the keyboards, mice and software (iWork and FCE HD today though...
  • Reply 26 of 187
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Are you going to suck your dick if it doesn't happen?

Not mine - your mom's...
  • Reply 27 of 187
    Quote:

Not mine - your mom's...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

• Reply 28 of 187
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

Will my theory hold true? We shall see in a couple days.

At least for this tuesday, it failed...
  • Reply 29 of 187
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Not necessarily. It is only 10:51 a.m. in California.
  • Reply 30 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

Not necessarily. It is only 10:51 a.m. in California.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but all web updates are posted at 9:00 am Eastern/6:00 am Pacific, and it has been this way pretty much since the beginning.
  • Reply 31 of 187
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but all web updates are posted at 9:00 am Eastern/6:00 am Pacific, and it has been this way pretty much since the beginning.

Aw come on there's always tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, or the day after that.....
  • Reply 32 of 187
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

Aw come on there's always tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, or the day after that.....

There's always tomorrow. That seems to be the new Apple slogan.
  • Reply 33 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

There's always tomorrow. That seems to be the new Apple slogan.

Nah, right now their slogan is "today's or yesterday's technology tomorrow."
  • Reply 34 of 187
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm thinking something will be coming soon from the very fact that Apple has a knack for only leaving "unimportant" things on their main page for a week or so before replacing it with something bigger. How long do we really expect the 500 million iTunes songs thing to stick around?

I'm banking on something this coming Tuesday.
  • Reply 35 of 187
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Quote:

Personally, I could really care less. I was just making a comment. Just because it has been done one way throughout time for the history of man does not mean that it cannot be done differently at some point.

Remember... Apple has always used IBM chips until just a few weeks ago.
  • Reply 36 of 187
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Geez, that's funny. My Safari must be messed up too because the screen I get of the mini when I go to the online store is this:

Quote:

Geez. They're onto us on the iBook G4 page

I think my theory (AND Apple's business practice) is pretty solid. I was off by about a week BUT that is only because I didn't take into account the straggler updates that they issued afterwards;

DVD Player 4 Update,

GarageBand 2.0.2 Update,

DVD Studio Pro 5 Update,

Compressor 2 Update and

Apple Qmaster 2 Update

After those were updated and released, only then had Apple cleared a path to release new hardware. When you step back and look at the big picture, I think you will find I was right on.
  • Reply 37 of 187
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

When you step back and look at the big picture, I think you will find I was right on.

Yes you were right congratulations, I bet it feels good. Oh and if these are "updates" I hate to see what the Intel "updates" will be like.

• Reply 38 of 187
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Thank you for the cookie.
  • Reply 39 of 187
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I'm banking on something this coming Tuesday.

Cha ching!

Where's *my* cookie?
  • Reply 40 of 187
    Here we go again!

FileMaker Pro 8, Safari updates and now apparently dot mac is being updated to version 3 as evidenced by the fact that I haven't been able to access it all morning. Probably installing new backend and adding all sorts of new online material, like the new Backup v. 3 along with exclusive widgets.

My theory seems to be holding up. What kind of Apple hardware will we be seeing next week?