Google Moon!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I was looking on Google for maps for an upcoming trip, and found this link. There's no in depth stuff, just minor details about the varuious Apollo lnading sites, but I did like what happens when you zoom in to the maximum level .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    good find, this rocks

j.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Hahaha! Sweet find.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    That's funny
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I think there's a lot of potential here. They could include much more info about the landing sites (assuming NASA are willing to let any copyrighted info be posted there) such as pictures taken at the sites, info about the area, that sort of thing. They could also include infor about unmanned landings, as there were quite a few of those too.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    So it is true what they say about the moon...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

I think there's a lot of potential here. They could include much more info about the landing sites (assuming NASA are willing to let any copyrighted info be posted there) such as pictures taken at the sites, info about the area, that sort of thing. They could also include infor about unmanned landings, as there were quite a few of those too.

nooo then it would be obvious all the landings were faked
  • Reply 7 of 7
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by digitaldave

(assuming NASA are willing to let any copyrighted info be posted there)

Slightly off-topic, but it pains me to see that the **AA's brainwashing campaigns are actually working.

Works of the United States Government are, by law, in the public domain. Copyright does not apply to them. This includes software, images, documents, data, whatever - the only exceptions I know of are for classified material (obviously) and logos that are protected from misuse by non-copyright laws. So long as our government resists the urge to incorporate itself, its works will continue to belong to you and me and everyone else.

It is still the most sublime demonstration of how "intellectual property" can be shared and used for the good and advancement of all mankind.