Dell 2405FPW

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Anyone know how to get this freakin USB hub to work w/ my 17" PB?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beakee

Anyone know how to get this freakin USB hub to work w/ my 17" PB?

What problems are you having?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    beakeebeakee Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by baranovich

What problems are you having?

The PB does not recognize any devices hooked to the hub. As if it is not turned on. When I attach the main UBS cable from a USB port on the PB to the hub on the monitor, nothing happens. I think I have seen this problem reported before, but I can't remember the solution!

Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    wingnutwingnut Posts: 197member
    Have you tried each USB port on your Pbook? Sometimes one port is better than another, especially when connecting to hubs.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wingnut

Have you tried each USB port on your Pbook? Sometimes one port is better than another, especially when connecting to hubs.

I tried all 4 ports, and none work. I am able to charge my bluetooth headset on them, so they have power, the Mac just can't see them. Probably an evil plot by Michael Dell...

Any thoughts?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

I tried all 4 ports, and none work. I am able to charge my bluetooth headset on them, so they have power, the Mac just can't see them. Probably an evil plot by Michael Dell...

Any thoughts?

By the way, this monitor is UNBELIEVABLE! It is stunning. I am not sure why anyone could spend the extra $ for the 23 cinema.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    wingnutwingnut Posts: 197member
    Maybe the monitor's ports are defective? Have you tried using them when connected to another machine?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wingnut

Maybe the monitor's ports are defective? Have you tried using them when connected to another machine?

My Dell laptop can use them.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

My Dell laptop can use them.

Dell to Dell - it works swell!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Worked perfectly out of the box for me. 12" iBook connected to 2405fpw's hub with the USB cord that came with the screen. Screen's internal card reader works. HH Lite2 keyboard connected to the screen hub works. Griffin Powermate connected to the keyboard hub works.

Have you used the same USB cable for testing both the PB and the Dell laptop?

Do all of those USB peripherals work if you plug them directly into the PB instead of the screen?

Have you tested the internal card reader on the screen?

Have you tried disconnecting the peripheral from the screen, then connecting the screen, then reconnecting the peripheral? (sure, I know this defeats the purpose of having a hub.. but try it anyway?)

Do *all* USB ports on the screen work when you're on the Dell laptop?

Hope this helps and we get the problem sorted out.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

Worked perfectly out of the box for me. 12" iBook connected to 2405fpw's hub with the USB cord that came with the screen. Screen's internal card reader works. HH Lite2 keyboard connected to the screen hub works. Griffin Powermate connected to the keyboard hub works.

Have you used the same USB cable for testing both the PB and the Dell laptop?

Do all of those USB peripherals work if you plug them directly into the PB instead of the screen?

Have you tested the internal card reader on the screen?

Have you tried disconnecting the peripheral from the screen, then connecting the screen, then reconnecting the peripheral? (sure, I know this defeats the purpose of having a hub.. but try it anyway?)

Do *all* USB ports on the screen work when you're on the Dell laptop?

Hope this helps and we get the problem sorted out.

Holy mashed potatoes Batman! They work! The side ports and the card reader have been working since yesterday, and I just tried the bottom 2 for the 100th time. Let's hope they keep on working What is alittle strange is that I added 1GB of RAM and now they are functioning. Hmm, I mean, SWEET!

Thanks for all the input!