Google OS?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

We'll see Gooffice before we see GoOS methinks.

I think they'll make an OS simply for the fact they can all it Goose.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

An OS is a much bigger thing. Any computer can use any search engine. There is no installation of search engines; you don't have to have the other programs on your computer compatible with that search engine.

Yes an OS is much bigger, but so is Google now. They seem to re-invent every area they get into - search, email. It will take years, but they have the money and talent to work on an OS.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Google as an internet provider I can see, but not as an OS company.
  • Reply 23 of 26
  • Reply 25 of 26
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    I'm thinking an OS is possible in this way. I went to college and it was all NeXT. All software came from servers somehwere off in la la land, but each temrinal was pretty weak on its own. I've heard Neo write elsewhere about how NeXt (and now Apple) is working toward a WebObjects-type platform or something-- I might not have the name right, but the concept is to refocus attention away from the desktop and onto the web is the critical point.

In can't believe that Apple is the only one on to this. When I was in college, the internet was hardly even existant-- you could find some newsgroups, but that was basically it. The web was slow. Now, though, things are changing and Google seems to be the only other company beside M$ to begin to pull this off.

Anyway... enough of this, I guess.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Oh my god, every post I make posts twice. Wild!