Ti667 vs. iMac700

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Which would be faster, given the Ti has a 133 bus ( i think).

I'm leaning towards the iMac only because it seems like the better value. Even though I think I may need the portability of a laptop.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Well, don't forget that the laptop has a 4200 RPM drive, making it slower in opening apps, and accessing stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    The two high-end PowerBook drives are 5400 RPM, I believe.

I personally am waiting for a faster PowerBook before I buy one. It has to be 867 MHz or faster for me now.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>The two high-end PowerBook drives are 5400 RPM, I believe.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Only the 48GB drive is 5400rpm (and so is IBM's new 60GB)
  • Reply 4 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The speed difference really wouldn't be noticeable if there is any.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    If you don't need the portablility definetely get the imac. You'll get a much better graphics card, faster hard drive and a better screen for a lot less money.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]salidar34

If you don't need the portablility definetely get the imac. You'll get a much better

graphics card, faster hard drive and a better screen for a lot less money. <hr></blockquote>

The TiBook has a higher resolution (and support for even higher res on an external display). It also supports dual displays (not just mirroring like iMac).

I'm torn: I love iMac but would really, REALLY appreciate more screen real estate.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by josephg:

<strong>

The TiBook has a higher resolution (and support for even higher res on an external display). It also supports dual displays (not just mirroring like iMac).

I'm torn: I love iMac but would really, REALLY appreciate more screen real estate.</strong><hr></blockquote>

same resolution.. just an extra 128 pixels on the side
  • Reply 8 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by josephg:

<strong>

I'm torn: I love iMac but would really, REALLY appreciate more screen real estate.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think it's too bad.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I love my 667 I had another monitor on it but I had to give it to my parents (there monitor said no more). I loved the extra space I had with it, I really do miss it. What makes it worse is I love the size of the LCD on the laptop that a CRT looks like a waste of desk space but its cheaper and I like the high resolutions. I had a Viewsonic PT770 or something like that.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

same resolution.. just an extra 128 pixels on the side</strong><hr></blockquote>

Which equals a couple more channels in the mix window in Pro Tools. ROCK!