Updates

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, the origonal plan just went out the window as far as ordering online and picking up the laptop from a realitive.

I was interested in a 12" iBook(because of the battery life, price, and of course the recent update).

Question #1 how long does it take a apple store to update their products?

Question #2 Do the stores offer a federal discount or is that online onlt?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nutty

Well, the origonal plan just went out the window as far as ordering online and picking up the laptop from a realitive.

I was interested in a 12" iBook(because of the battery life, price, and of course the recent update).

Question #1 how long does it take a apple store to update their products?

Question #2 Do the stores offer a federal discount or is that online onlt?

Thanks

1. are you talking online apple store or physical apple store? in japan?

2. what do you mean by federal discount? you mean discount for government?

or education?

i am in malaysia at the moment, there is big PC fair here in 1 weeks time, Apple Malaysia has usually two decent sized booths, each booth is a major authorised dealer for malaysia. i would be very very surprised if they didn't have the new Mac Mini and new iBooks in stock.

stuff comes from singapore, 300km south of here. apple online singapore store shows new iBooks in 6-8 calendar days, new Mac Minis available NOW.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nuttynutty Posts: 50member
    The apple store in Oakbrook a subarb of chicago, we are visiting realatives.

and a personal discout for federal employes, not the education one
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    As far as I know, Apple doesn't have the ability to order online and pick up at a retail store.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nutty

The apple store in Oakbrook a subarb of chicago, we are visiting realatives.

and a personal discout for federal employes, not the education one

okay reading your previous post to get the backstory on what is happenin. dude you can't miss out on your chance for a Fed discount
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

As far as I know, Apple doesn't have the ability to order online and pick up at a retail store.

yeah i was asking this because i had a relative going to san fran for a conference and i was scoping him picking up an updated iBook for me if it was announced at WWDC '05. and we all know that this did not happen

nutty looks like you gotta go yourself when you get to Chicago and see what happens. they should have it in stock. otherwise try other apple stores in the area, and i'm shure someone on these boards can recommend authorised dealers in Chicago where you might also be able to get the government discount...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nuttynutty Posts: 50member
    I know how much we would save, but there is a shipping issue.

and I meant buy it there, not send it there. There is a conflicting issue so we can not order ahead.