there is another creature, that needs

some supporters.

Send your petition now.

Speak Up for Wolves

http://www.savewolves.org

cu

Comments

• Reply 2 of 14
    This is a very worthy cause, you have my support. Now if there were only a law against human overpopulation and urban sprawl.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    You guys need to read more about game management before you comment -- there's a reason the Wolves were hunted to extinction, and there's a reason they need to be thinned out up in Alaska, in particular.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by baranovich

This is a very worthy cause, you have my support. Now if there were only a law against human overpopulation and urban sprawl.

Its is suburban sprawl, my friend...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

Its is suburban sprawl, my friend...

Its both.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Urban sprawl has nothing to do with the lowering the Wolf population up in Alaska, it has everything to do with sustainable yield, and attempting to raise the moose population.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Urban sprawl has nothing to do with the lowering the Wolf population up in Alaska, it has everything to do with sustainable yield, and attempting to raise the moose population.

Okay, let me clarify. I didn't mean to imply that urban sprawl (or suburban sprawl) has anything to do with lowering wolf populations in Alaska. I was just saying that in general sprawl and overpopulation should be controlled in order to prevent the continued extinction and endangerment of wild animals.

And the reason wolves were hunted to extinction is because people are terrified of them and because they did regularly killed livestock back in the colonial times. Without any top of the food chain natural predators many species such as deer have greatly overpopulated areas of the country (not that sprawl has helped this at all either).
  • Reply 8 of 14
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!

I SO hope this was a joke but I fear it was not.

THIS ridiculous attitude is why wolves are endangered.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    A wolf ate me once when I was a baby.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    ejpejpejpejp Posts: 17member
    The problem with trying to save every animal imaginable is that they start to encroach on human neighborhoods. Just search for "kill bear" on google news and you will see that police are having to kill tons of bears that are attacking humans because bear population is too big and bears are starting to mingle a bit too much with humans. Also, coyotes are starting to kill a lot of dogs and cats in the western US. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want wolves walking around my backyard.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!

(creatively edited out)

• Reply 13 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!

Reminds me of a quote of a young victim of a wolf attack.

"Doggie tried to eat my face!"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.