Apple + Sony Announcement for MW Paris? PSP Based Video iPod?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Plenty of info suggests Apple and Sony may be cooking something up for MW Paris.

1. Sony and it's subsidiaries own the rights to a great deal of video content that we know Apple want's to make availible through iTunes 5.0 (Video iTunes).

2. Apple is hiring several Vaio engineers from Sony.

3. Sony has mentioned the possibility of running Tiger on it's PS3.

4. Sony is delaying it PS3 launch (perhaps due to a deal with Apple).

5. Sony and Apple both have a relationship with PowerPC (at least for the next couple of years).

I would not be at all suprised to see a video iPod based on the PSP. Something is going to happen with Sony and Apple. PS3 becomes Apple's living room computer?

Please no complaints about this being a photoshop fake. That's all I intended it to be, it's not even a very good fake, I spent about 15 minutes on this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Where do you come up with this stuff..??

1. Do we REALLY know Apple wants to make video available through itunes? Any sources?

2. While no one knows why they hired engineers from Sony, it is most likely related to working on a new APPLE notebook. What does this have to do with Sony? Will we see an Apple/Abercrombie partnership now that one of Apple's top guys moved to them?

3. While this has been discussed in another thread, Sony's suggestion that Tiger will run on the PS3 is most likely a marketing error.

4. Sony is delaying the PS3 launch because of Apple!?! Seriously!! Any sources?

5. Sony and Apple both seperately have a relationship with IBM. Does this indicate that they will work together? No.

Give me a break.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ngmapplengmapple Posts: 117member
    I am 100% sure Apple plans offer video through iTunes. Feel free to quote me on this.

1. Apple has added video support to iTunes.

2. Apple has hired one of the founders of Delicous Collection (esentially a very nice video iTunes).

3. There's no question that Apple would be successful distributing movies and tv shows through iTunes as long as it can cut through the red tape. And it fits with Apple's image so they'd be idiots not to. And Apple isn't exactly a company run by idiots.

4. A music iPod -> a photo iPod -> what's the natural next step here? Sony has an excellent product for portable video and Apple has been increasingly friendly with Sony in recent months.

5. PS3 running Tiger & iTunes 5.0 would be a great way to allow users to watch their iTunes video content on their TV set, not just their PC.

It's gonna happen, maybe not at MW Paris, but it's gonna happen. The pieces just fit too perfectly.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    In an email to all Sony employees last week CEO Sir Howard Stringer spelled iPod "I-pod".

I couldn't believe it.

He also stated that Steve Jobs "turned around" Apple with one product - the I-pod.

If Sony is in bed with Apple regarding the iPod, don't you think that Stringer would, at least, be able to spell it? And don't you think that he'd know a little more about Apple's history?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    bronxitebronxite Posts: 104member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ngmapple

2. Apple has hired one of the founders of Delicous Collection (esentially a very nice video iTunes).

Mike Mattas is an icon artist and now gui artist. Delicious library is nothing like iTunes and is far from a very nice video iTunes.

you're argument is severly flawed
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ngmapplengmapple Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

In an email to all Sony employees last week CEO Sir Howard Stringer spelled iPod "I-pod".

I couldn't believe it.

He also stated that Steve Jobs "turned around" Apple with one product - the I-pod.

If Sony is in bed with Apple regarding the iPod, don't you think that Stringer would, at least, be able to spell it? And don't you think that he'd know a little more about Apple's history?

The fact that Stringer is praising Apple, further supports something is going on between the two parties.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    What?

• Reply 7 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I won´t´say its impossible but that has to be the most flawed arguments for anything ever uttered here at AI INCLUDING appleoutsider
  • Reply 8 of 9
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Looks like Sony, Disney, and Apple are merging. It's just a matter of time.

• Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I won´t´say its impossible but that has to be the most flawed arguments for anything ever uttered here at AI INCLUDING appleoutsider

Agreed!

And FFL, I own stock in all - I should be able to retire soon!