Mirror Agent?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am assuming it has something to do with my .Mac account syncing with my Mac.

Yesterday I was tooling around on my Mac, but when I tried to shut down it timed out each time saying that the "Mirror Agent" was in use and shut down has timed out. To shut down choose mirrir agent from the finder and quit it"... now buggered if I could find anything called mirror agent in the finder. Eventually I just restarted the Mac by holding in the power button.

Why was this happening and what is the mirror agent? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iDunno

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    When you have a local iDisk, Mirror Agent is what syncs it with the iDisk on dot-mac. (When the little sync arrows are spinning, that is Mirror Agent running). Somehow it fails to quit occasionally. It runs in the background, so you have to quit it from Activity Monitor or Terminal.

I haven't seen this in a while, though - it seems to be fixed in Tiger. What version of OS X are you running?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Aha... still running Panther. I am living away from my Mac at the mo'... so haven't had a chance to update to Tiger. Thanks for the info... can stop worrying.

iDunno