Burning Splinters

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Taking a break from space-rock/prog-metal my band and I have set up side-project offering what we describe as emo-folk - two genres which I'm surprised are not more commonly fused as they seem strongly drawn to one another musically. The result is what I truly believe to be the greatest song written in musical history.

http://www.solidairmusic.com/splinters.mp3

Andrew

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

The result is what I truly believe to be the greatest song written in musical history.

Are you related to Chris Cuilla?

edited for spelling
  • Reply 2 of 6
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iMac David

Are you related to Chris Cuila?

Two l's please. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    You have a space-rock / prog-metal band?

Is that of the proggy 70's sort or the druggy sort? I would presume the proggy sort, given the prog-metal connection.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

You have a space-rock / prog-metal band?

Yeah, we take influences from Muse and The Mars Volta on the space-rock side of things. And Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment on the prog-metal side, we also use quite a bit of electronica type stuff.

Of course we all know Emo-Folk is the way forward.

Quote:

Originally posted by iMac David

Are you related to Chris Cuilla?

Not that I know of, why?

Andrew
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by SquidThing

Yeah, we take influences from Muse and The Mars Volta on the space-rock side of things. And Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment on the prog-metal side, we also use quite a bit of electronica type stuff.

So I am assuming you liked the recent Dream Theater album, particularly track 6. (Never Enough?)

Anyway, good luck moving forward. LTE is a tough act to follow (literally). I mixed in some of the 2nd album into a background mix during a friendly poker gathering, and it made my roommate's girlfriend go crazy. (too intense, I guess) Cheers.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Disturbing, was it supposed to be?