Safari Wants a Password

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This box keeps poping up stating it wants my keychain password. Every time I fill in my password it says incorrect. So I just cancel. But it continues to pop up every few minutes. How do I get it to STOP?!?!?!? It is driving me nuts!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by volcom1206

This box keeps poping up stating it wants my keychain password. Every time I fill in my password it says incorrect. So I just cancel. But it continues to pop up every few minutes. How do I get it to STOP?!?!?!? It is driving me nuts!!!!

Enter the correct password?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    It is the correct password, and to make sure it is I just reset the password for the admin (me), my account, and something else. It still says I am entering the wrong password.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

It is the correct password, and to make sure it is I just reset the password for the admin (me), my account, and something else. It still says I am entering the wrong password.

What password is it asking for? Are sure it isn't prompting you to enter a Proxy password? This wouldn't be the admin password.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Your user account, root if you've enabled it, and aunt mabel, aren't the same as the keychain password (unless you use the same password for everything).

Open keychain access. one of the repair/fix/reset options lets you reset the password using sudo.