Replaced mother board in iMac G5, now apache won't work, any ideas?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Lightening hit my ethernet port and I took my iMac in to be repaired. Luckily, the ethernet was the only thing to get zapped.

The motherboard had to be replaced. When I started up the computer this was evident because I had to reactivate a lot of apps.

When I checked out my website I host on my computer it doesn't work. I get the following error.

Quote:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~eric/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at erics-imac-g5.local Port 80

I have checked the permissions for my "sites" folder but no luck. Everything seems correct.

I am trying to connect to http://192.168.1.xxx/~username/ on the LAN and my static ip address over the web.

I can't connect over the web, over the network, or on the computer hosting the website. Any ideas?

And yes, web sharing is on.

One last thing, I did turn FileVault on before taking it in for a service. Would that make a difference?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

One last thing, I did turn FileVault on before taking it in for a service. Would that make a difference? [/B]

Yes it might. FileVault encrypts your home directory, which from the looks of the URL you provided, is where your webpage(s) are stored. Try turning FileVault off and see what happens.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by baranovich

Yes it might. FileVault encrypts your home directory, which from the looks of the URL you provided, is where your webpage(s) are stored. Try turning FileVault off and see what happens.

I turned it off last night (it took most of the night to undo) and woke up this morning and now I can't log into my account. After logging in, it just sits at the blue screen. I let it sit this morning and am about to go home to check on it and see if the computer finally got logged in. No beach ball or anything.

Good thing I have a pre filevault clone. :-)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

I turned it off last night (it took most of the night to undo) and woke up this morning and now I can't log into my account. After logging in, it just sits at the blue screen. I let it sit this morning and am about to go home to check on it and see if the computer finally got logged in. No beach ball or anything.

Good thing I have a pre filevault clone. :-)

Well, I had to use the clone version of the drive pre filevault. FV is a nasty thing...

Everything is back to normal!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Good to hear that you got it all worked out.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by baranovich

Good to hear that you got it all worked out.

Yes indeed! Thanks for your help!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    You have inspired/reminded me to create a more recent backup of my computer's HD and my external data HD. Always good to have an extra copy of EVERYTHING... just in case.