Bought my first mac t

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well ive managed to cover all the big ones so far, however ive downloaded some files and theyve been downloaded into files with a bin extension, ive done a search on google and it turns out that stuffit should be able to read these files but its having problems extracting any of them. After looking into it a bit further I found that a application by the name of macbin might be needed but I have not been able to find an active download link for this app.

Under windows xp ive used a program called HDTVtoMPEG2 is there any sort of a mac equivelent for joining TS "transport stream" files together, hopefully at a reasonable speed as well.

Under xp as well ive also been using a program called Easy Video Joiner, this program can work with various file formats avi, mpg, mov, wmv and some others, it is capable of joining a series of lets say 10 mpg files of 15mb each together in 15 to 20 seconds. Again is there any mac equivelent. Sure ive done it once in iMovie but putting together 3 minutes 30 seconds worth of video took 28 minutes to re-save into a mov file.

Well this is it for now any help in getting this newbie going at full speed would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    There is a program called ProjectX that should do the trick. If not, these downloaded or burned TS files can be played in VLC media player i beleive. Also try ffmpegX. Hope it helps.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks for your response im sorry that ive been a bit slow to get back to it.

Ive had a look around the doom9 forums and havent really been able to find a direct link to it.

Any help in getting one would be appreciated.