Mighty Mouse Drivers?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Mighty Mouse, but I lost the software installer CD. Where can I get the driver/software? I cant find it on Apple's site...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    ya i think this should do the trick, but it is third party

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/index.html
  • Reply 2 of 7
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    here's hoping usb overdrive can coax a little bit extra out of the mighty mouse once it's updated. mostly, i want to be able to a.) click on a desktop file icon and hold it b.) activate expose, and c.) then drop said file onto one of those windows. from what i have heard, the mighty mouse does not allow for combo-clicks like that (i.e. you would have to release the file icon before you could activate expose).

seems downright odd to me that they wouldn't anticipate someone trying to do that, though.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

here's hoping usb overdrive can coax a little bit extra out of the mighty mouse once it's updated. mostly, i want to be able to a.) click on a desktop file icon and hold it b.) activate expose, and c.) then drop said file onto one of those windows. from what i have heard, the mighty mouse does not allow for combo-clicks like that (i.e. you would have to release the file icon before you could activate expose).

seems downright odd to me that they wouldn't anticipate someone trying to do that, though.

You can set expose to be triggered by a screen corner. Click and hold, flip mouse into screen corner, drop icon wherever.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

I have a Mighty Mouse, but I lost the software installer CD. Where can I get the driver/software? I cant find it on Apple's site...

do you want me to send you the software from the CD?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

the problem with this si sometimes you want to use the side buttons to pick up the mouse and move it and other times you want it to be a button. Apple have made it so it's simple i think - although I can see your point.

If you pm me I'll give you the address of the download - my .Mac bandwidth is valuable!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I thought the side buttons were stiff enough that you could use them to pickup the mouse without triggering a squeeze click event.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I thought the side buttons were stiff enough that you could use them to pickup the mouse without triggering a squeeze click event.

The side buttons will oly click if no button is pressed and the mouse is on a surface. But they are quite stiff.