Special Deals at Apple Store

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Titanium 500 for $1599

Titanium 400 for $1299

Anyone ever buy refurbished stuff from AppleStore? Are these a good deal? The 500 is very tempting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I once got a PowerMac G3 333MHz from the Apple refurbished section. Great deal at the time and I never had a problem with it. Comes in a generic cardboard box but it's checked out and made sure to work right. They are usually systems that were DOA and repaired at the factory when returned from retailers. I know this because when I worked for ComputerTown we would get some refurbs from Apple to sell at our store (mostly performa 6400 and 6360's, some 7300's). But after the offending peice of hardware is replaced it works just as well as a new machine.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by satchmo:

<strong>Titanium 500 for $1599

Titanium 400 for $1299

Anyone ever buy refurbished stuff from AppleStore? Are these a good deal? The 500 is very tempting.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Those sure are good deals. I've never bought any refurbished stuff from Apple, but I've never heard any bad things from people who have.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    enderender Posts: 353member
    Well, if you get a refurb Ti 500 from Apple, it could be my old one. The only thing wrong with it was a melted front right rubber pad (that separates the screen from the base when closed).

The machine was in perfect condition otherwise.

Oh, and if you get a refurb, make sure to run Norton UnErase and look for any great finds on the hard drive.

-Ender
  • Reply 5 of 5
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    My iBook was a refurb. Other than a slightly crooked trackpad, it works perfectly.