GeForce 4 MX + two crt's = ?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Can I connect two crts to that card (with whatever adapter(s) I'll need) and get two different pictures, meaning not mirrored?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    yes, extended desktop
  • Reply 2 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Why did you think it'd be different with CRTs?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Why did you think it'd be different with CRTs?<hr></blockquote>

Oh I didn't really, it just happens to be the setup I'm gonna use. However, this thing on Apple's page made me wonder:

[quote] Want to double your desktop area by adding a second flat-panel display? Savvy creative professionals regard having two 22? Apple Cinema Displays as the ultimate in desktop efficiency ? the perfect visual environment for doing your best work. Of course, you can also combine a 22? Apple Cinema Display with a 15? or 17? Studio Display. Either way, all you need is a DVI video card like the ATI Radeon 32 MB PCI Card Mac Edition and the DVIator from Dr. Bott. Just pop open the Power Mac G4?s easy-open side door, slip in the PCI card and connect the DVIator, and you?re set.

<hr></blockquote>

Why would you have to add another card, if you could just connect the 2nd ADC display to the VGA-port (with a VGA to ADC adapter)? I guess the quality wouldn't be as good as DVI to ADC, but still...

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: bufflo ]</p>