No more accelerated mouse in Tiger?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Maybe I'm just going crazy.. but it seems as if the typical mouse behavior in OS X Tiger has changed. Before if you moved your mouse quickly the curser would travel further on the screen and vice versa. Now it seems to be completely linear - much like windows has always seemed to be.

Any thoughts? Am I loosing my mind? Bring back my accelerated mouse!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    esxxiesxxi Posts: 75member
    Have you tried using USB Overdrive? I hear that helps with mouse acceleration.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I wonder if it doesn;t apply to the trackpad. Also, by quick test showed it does accelerate but not too much.

In windows, you can change the acceleration and speed rather than just speed
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hujib

Maybe I'm just going crazy.. but it seems as if the typical mouse behavior in OS X Tiger has changed. Before if you moved your mouse quickly the curser would travel further on the screen and vice versa. Now it seems to be completely linear - much like windows has always seemed to be.

Any thoughts? Am I loosing my mind? Bring back my accelerated mouse!

I remember that from jag, Didnt notice till you pointed that out

Theres quite a few things in tiger that have changed one of the ones im pissed about is the one where you could scoll an apps window that isn't highlighted without loosing the focus of the current app your viewing <Hope that makes sense > Now you have to have the app at the front and highlighted to scroll it.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Mouse acceleration hasn't changed for me between OS releases. However, using third party mice and custom drivers may be different story. I suggest you download the latest drivers and see what happens.

On a side note, I've never been pleased with the mouse speed of 3rd party mice compared to Apple's own settings. I can't wait for the wireless Mighty Mouse to come out as that will solve all of my mousing needs.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I can't wait for the wireless Mighty Mouse to come out as that will solve all of my mousing needs.

I purchased a Mighty Mouse. I didn't read the specs, got home, tried to install it to find out it's for Tiger only. I was unable to install the software, however it still worked on 10.3, with the exception that it has no software for it hence I can't use the preferences pane for it.

What I noticed is that damn accelerated pointer. Move it slow = travels a little bit, move it faster = travels a lot. ANNOYING!!! My question is, can you turn off acceleration on the Mighty Mouse?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    hujibhujib Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

Move it slow = travels a little bit, move it faster = travels a lot.

Thats what I want - that's how it's always been on the mac.. as far as I can tell.. I'm getting a wrist workout here!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Thats what I want - that's how it's always been on the mac.. as far as I can tell.. I'm getting a wrist workout here!

Just install USB Overdrive. It will fix you right up.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

So... you get mouse acceleration working?