Click Here Now!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My problem is that i seem to have a rouge image/spyware type thing that makes a lot of images turn into a big yellow Click Here Now! image. Apple.com has been infected.

Another problem is the fact that I get a directNIC pace whenever i go to mistyped urls or (in an extreme case) www.google.com. This is driving me nutty and i want to stab the iBook with a large knife. If you have any idea what this it, please tell me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Do you host your own DNS server? If so, you may want to clear the DNS cache. If not then it's your ISP, not your 'book.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    okay, thanks. the Comcast guy is coming on Wednesday, so this will stop. hopefully. \
  • Reply 3 of 7
    update: Opera shows everything right, so its not my ISP. this is really making me mad.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    What web browser are you using?

Also, have you installed any shareware programs prior to this problem occurring?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    it has major problems on Safari RSS, and i have no shareware installed. this'll happen on a clean install.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Originally posted by theapplegenius

it has major problems on Safari RSS, and i have no shareware installed. this'll happen on a clean install.

Hmm, do you notice the same issues if you're using Firefox? Trying to figure out if it's machine specific, browser specific or ISP specific.

Do you have other machines you can plug in to test that out?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    its just the mac because it happens at my dads house. his PC works fine. safari seems to be affected worse then opera, but sometimes its worse then others.

probably machine specific.