Disk Warrior doesnt notice drives......what else can I use?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, I'm trying to recover 2 hard drives I had crash on me a while back. I booted up from a Disk Warrior 3 CD with the other drives plugged in and it still wouldnt recognize them, only my hard drive that works. What are some other disk utility apps for Mac that might be able to retrieve my HDs?? Or are they completely hosed now? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    I admit I hate Norton for OS X, but several years ago I managed to rescue a couple of drives with Norton Unerase for Classic Mac OS.

You may also try Drive 10 (incompatible with Tiger) or TechTool Pro.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I never have better luck than with DiskWarrior. But, if you have a second computer, it's worked for me before to connect it to the new computer and see if a fix can be made there...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ricksbrain

I never have better luck than with DiskWarrior. But, if you have a second computer, it's worked for me before to connect it to the new computer and see if a fix can be made there...

Try Drive Genius v1.1.5. If that won't bring your drive back then Data Rescue will allow you to copy files off to a new drive. Data Rescue is successful from my OS 8 days to 10.3.9. I have not needed it with 10.4.x yet. ProSoft has great customer support too.