The Orignial Unreal

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Signs that I'm getting old are becoming more frequent. Craving the classic video games of the mid - late 90's is one of said signs. I'm turning thirty in november and have been enjoying once again Carmageddon 2 here at the office. I came across the Unreal Cd in my stack of "too good to throw away but not good enough to case" CDs. I've installed it and have updated the game to version something.something elseb7.

however when it launches I get the beep and the message about a missing "entry" file..

has anyone got or seen an upgrade to OSX?? I have read in a few places that mac soft had one once But I can't find a reliable link to it..

please help this transition in my life easier..

help me get Unreal running.

thanks.

flick.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    gOoGle!!!

There was a project going on for a while.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2001/09/29/utosx/
  • Reply 2 of 4
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

Signs that I'm getting old are becoming more frequent. Craving the classic video games of the mid - late 90's is one of said signs. I'm turning thirty in november and have been enjoying once again Carmageddon 2 here at the office. I came across the Unreal Cd in my stack of "too good to throw away but not good enough to case" CDs. I've installed it and have updated the game to version something.something elseb7.

however when it launches I get the beep and the message about a missing "entry" file..

has anyone got or seen an upgrade to OSX?? I have read in a few places that mac soft had one once But I can't find a reliable link to it..

please help this transition in my life easier..

help me get Unreal running.

thanks.

flick.

Your trying to run a os8 game on X,I still think it was the best of the UT series. Correction a OS 7.6 game. How do i know? i just blew the cobwebs off an old copy.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Running it with glide on a 3dfx card provided some extremely convincing effects... even by today's standards.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm trying to run it on a dual G5 2.0 with that ati xt9800 card.. I think..

I got this 3dFXglide hack for when i was trying to get Carmageddon 2 to work (which by the way is now a multiplayer staple at the office. hurray).. is there something that you folks can recommend?

Maybe I should try running the origianl with no updates?

cheers,

flick.